Off Season Workouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Is she on a travel team that has winter practices? The most important thing for pitchers to work on in the off season is pitching! At least 2 or more times a week, as well as staying in shape. If she is a good athlete, I would encourage her to try out for another sport or swimming.

May 27, 2011
SWIMMING! seriously my DD started swimming her freshman year of high school and it made a huge difference. She added muscle and increased flexibility. I know a pitchers schedule is already pretty full ( my DD is a catcher) but if at all possible get her on a swim team or at least in the pool a few times a week.

Jan 24, 2009
Agree with adosevic on cross training in another sport, as well as pitching in the off-season, but I would include a planned period away from pitching (completely). I like Thanksgiving to New Years to be the down time in my area, then start back and prepare for spring. Even if the pitching backslides a little and there is a catch up period, she usually more than catches up and surpasses where she left off within a month. The break is good for both mind and body IMO. Good luck! VW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild