Not for the "faint of heart"..........

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008

There is nothing wrong with your monitor.............Do no attempt to adjust the picture...........We are controling transmition..........We will control the horizontal........We will control the vertical..........We can change the focus to a soft blur........OR sharpen it to crystal clarity............Sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear.........You are about to participate in a great adventure.........You are about to experience the awe and mystery that reaches from the inner mind to.........THE OUTER LIMITS................

25j9mp0.gif

2unzkn6.gif

Jan 27, 2010
Looks to me like the ball actually lifts right before it gets to the batter then levels off. Or could I be seeing things? Kinda Spooky.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
Does this mean that we are going to re-open the "does the riseball really rise" threads? It certainly appears to me that the ball actually rises above the original trajectory.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sorry Boardmember, no cigar.

This video, or another like it, has been floating around the Internet for years. Someone drags it out as "proof" of the ball rising one every two or three years. The camera rotates and zooms during the flight of the ball, creating the appearance of the ball moving upward.

It isn't a whole lot different from this:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NB6DSKJZ1T4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From one camera position, you see an "X" across the room. From another slightly different camera position, you see that the room has been cleverly taped.

If you want to "prove" the riseball rises, shoot the entire flight of the ball "in frame" during the pitch. No one should be touching, zooming or moving the video camera. And, use a little bit better quality camera.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd