New 10U Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2024
Good evening everyone, i’m new to this travel ball life we are one fall season in. I look forward to reading everyone’s content and look forward to learning and growing g just as these girls. May all. the girls have a blessed season. Thank you for the acceptance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2024
If you have any hobbies or non-softball, non-work friends, say goodbye while you can. :p

Bud, I think i am
more addicted than she is. I cannot remember a night i went to bed before 12 bc i was looking up videos of drills or something to help her.

Oct 4, 2018
Bud, I think i am
more addicted than she is. I cannot remember a night i went to bed before 12 bc i was looking up videos of drills or something to help her.

Excellent. Most of us here have done it or are doing it. I loved coaching my kids' 10U teams. Have you seen this? I recognize you might not be on the coaching staff, but it's a good read. I like it:

Jan 26, 2024
Excellent. Most of us here have done it or are doing it. I loved coaching my kids' 10U teams. Have you seen this? I recognize you might not be on the coaching staff, but it's a good read. I like it:

Thank you, it was a great read. I wish I could find something that breaks down situational plays where all the kids are going with with the ball and everyone’s position and job depending on the boots and base runners and where the ball
is hit. so I can start really teaching her the game beside just playing it and learning through failure which of course i know is the ultimate learning experience but you can also study for test.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You will being doing God's work if you teach ALL your players proper throwing mechanics. You will be giving them a chance to play the game at a high level.
If allowed for years to continue to throw with funky arm slots or pushing the ball (throwing like a girl) it is very difficult to fix when they are 14 years old.

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you, it was a great read. I wish I could find something that breaks down situational plays where all the kids are going with with the ball and everyone’s position and job depending on the boots and base runners and where the ball
is hit. so I can start really teaching her the game beside just playing it and learning through failure which of course i know is the ultimate learning experience but you can also study for test.

Ball, Base, Backup

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414