Moving to 12u for the Fall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
After the 1st practice DD went to I am a lot happier. Between BB, dancing, and softball she knows most the girls on her Team. She knows more players on the 12U Fall Team then she knows on the 10U Team.

There is still going to be too much pressure on her to perform but I know the players will support her, like they do in the other sports she plays with them.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Pressure to perform is a good thing. Pitchers, as well as all players, need to know how to perform under pressure. I think you will be amazed at how she steps up and performs at a higher level.

Mar 25, 2011
And you will much prefer the games with all that will open up with the larger base distances. It's a new game.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The 2 big rule changes are that we are going from 4 to 3 outfielders which I like. Last year’s Manager had the rover covering 2nd on all plays so DD has to be re taught how to play 2nd and SS. :) The other one is that you are allowed to steal home, not a big fan of this one. Planning on working with DD tonight on covering home on passed balls.

So much to do, so little time. :)

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
12U is where the fun begins,... because they start playing by the rules. I still say you may want to reconsider going back to 10U in the spring. Of coarse you may not have a say, depending on what momma and DD decide next spring. ;)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Thanks for asking.

DD got shelled the 2 innings she pitched the 1st game. No idea what the Manager was thinking but the 2nd game but he put her back out there with the game on the line and DD did great. He is my new Hero.

DD made a few hard plays seem easy, dropped an easy fly ball.

She is playing in right League.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
1st what the heck 10u leagues did all your dds play on....different base distances?....4 outfielders....different rules. I coached both over the last year, usssa, only dif was ball size and 35 to 40 ft distance rubber to home.

The biggest dif I see is that a really good 10u pitcher can strike out most batters. A really good pitcher at 12u will strike out batters, but a lot more girls will get a lot more hits. Also the runs become quite a bit more earned. Not walked batters scoring on wild pitches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red