Most affordable cage w/ quality

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 27, 2019
I am looking for a batting cage for at home. I want to get the best bang for the buck. I have a line on a pitching machine but I'm looking for advice on the best price / quality / size for a cage . Also not a permanent install. thanks

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Batting Cages, Inc sells a trapezoid frame that's reasonably priced and does not require cement or any kind of digging. It has lasted me since 2017 with a few holes in the net.

I got the 55' size for my daughter to pitch in. It took about 2 hours to set it up. The key is to take the net down for the winter so it doesn't get beat up by the weather.

Nov 3, 2022
Agree on the Trapezoid cage from BCI. We have the 70 feet because we have a baseball player too. Very good quality, roomy inside, relatively easy to assemble (net is heavy tho, and it’s a 3 person job). Very pleased.

May 28, 2019
Batting Cages, Inc sells a trapezoid frame that's reasonably priced and does not require cement or any kind of digging. It has lasted me since 2017 with a few holes in the net.

I got the 55' size for my daughter to pitch in. It took about 2 hours to set it up. The key is to take the net down for the winter so it doesn't get beat up by the weather.
i have same. 55'. i have a few holes, been owning for over 2 years now i believe. I guess i can replace net in another year or two. Best investment i've ever made, we get a ton of extra work and has really helped both my girl and boy.

May 28, 2019
keep the nets off the grounds from varmits (squirrels rabits etc) i've had some chew some spots.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
keep the nets off the grounds from varmits (squirrels rabits etc) i've had some chew some spots.
I have the same issues here. In fact, I've had a few rabbits commit suicide in the net by getting caught and then tangling themselves up even worse. It was horrible watching the birds pick apart the carcass. I bought the patch kit for a few larger holes, but it might be time to invest in a replacement net after six seasons.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma