Mitt - Avice Again Please!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 9, 2011
Okay we ordered the Mizuno GXS31 for my daughter and the thing was WAY to big, bulky and heavy for her (slowed her up I thought to much)... She is 12, I have read on other threads here were people like the Mizuno GXS92.
My question how much smaller is the glove in reality to the GXS31?

AND for under say $150 what would you get for a 12 year old girl - 5'2'' and around 105 pounds?

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
I am not up on the current Mizzuno models, but I think they are one of the better buys price/quality out there. I know someone will challenge that that has more knowledge, but I think they are good. Your problem to my knowledge is size. I think both of these models are 34". Hopefully someone will know a smaller model.

You might look up the thread called, "This mitt is becoming popular". It is reputed to be 34" but it may fit differently. It is $150 in steerhide. Amy posted it and there are a lot of comments there:

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-catching/5142-mitt-becoming-popular.html

32" Mitts:

Wilson A1000 Superskin $90

Louisville Slugger 32 1/2" Catalyst® TPS $80

also:

Mizzuno GXS100 $45

Louisville Mitt Z201 $50

There is a 32" glove named the "Shoeless Joe" that is a knockoff of the Nakona, but it is about $180.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2011
If you're looking for a Mizuno for a smaller hand, I believe the model you'd be looking for is the GSX100.

It does not have to be a Mizuno just a good quality glove that you recomind for under $150 or so that would fit her better.

Aug 8, 2010
Just sold a Vinci JCV-22 to a member that contacted me from seeing post on here. Hopefully he will post a review shortly. Retail is 159 and I was able to get him under your 150 mark.

Casey
howell@syrupcity.net
229-224-0759

Dec 9, 2011
Just sold a Vinci JCV-22 to a member that contacted me from seeing post on here. Hopefully he will post a review shortly. Retail is 159 and I was able to get him under your 150 mark.

Casey
howell@syrupcity.net
229-224-0759

Yea I read that thread, the glove looks great indeed... But when I tried to find some reviews I did not find any. But they look sweet. I wish we could get our hands on one to try it on and see how they feel.

Dec 9, 2011
Okay I have a Vinci JCV-22 on the way thanks to Rebala, he is a super nice guy on the phone... After the glove comes in I will post a total review of the glove of how I think about it and also what my 12 year old daughter thinks about it.

We are both Pumped Up!!!! about the glove and can not wait till we find it in the mail this week.

Thanks for the help Rebala,
UKwildcat

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma