Midwest weather

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
This weather is driving me crazy. Not only are our neighbors in eastern MO. being flooded out..we are still getting rain to often.

We just had our 3 third canceled tournament this weekend…due to weather…that is 3 cancelled out of 5 so for.

Amy…remember you were going to start a camp for us bad weather parents.
After this winter and spring…we are all ready to move down. You will need a slightly larger area though.

On inventory we have 19 parents (2 staying put but will send their kids away), 11 kids/ball players, 14 siblings, 12 horses, 255 cows, 24 dogs, 10 cats and a untold number of chickens (I don't know why but people with chickens never know how many chickens they have but people with cows always know)!

It will look like the Beverly hillbillys coming to town! Are you ready yet? :D

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I have 19 chickens and 0 cows. I bet cow owners know how many they have because they cost a lot more.

Our weather is hot one day and cold the next. Then mix in the wind. They have actually cancelled some games this game due to wind. I have never heard of that.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
You are in luck! Bob and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary in Sept. and I ordered myself a gift, today. It is a large, Big Green Egg. Google it, if you haven't heard of it. SO, I am going to be making mass quantities of BBQ chicken (so, I will need as many has you can bring) and pulled pork. (So, we need a pig.)

There is a vacation rental home, one house down from me and the summer months, aren't quite as expensive as the winter months. So, rent that. Bring the chickens and the orphan kids, with their ball gloves. The women folk can cook and everyone else, can play ball out in the cul-de-sac, sort of like The Field of Dreams.

It was 97 degrees yesterday and I had 2 pitching lessons in a row. I had to catch one of those, but the dad caught the second one.

It would be your luck to arrive just in time for the monsoons, which are not very fun in Tucson. There is no where for water to run off to, in the desert.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
You are in luck! Bob and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary in Sept. and I ordered myself a gift, today. It is a large, Big Green Egg. Google it, if you haven't heard of it. SO, I am going to be making mass quantities of BBQ chicken (so, I will need as many has you can bring) and pulled pork. (So, we need a pig.)

Its a go! I am sure we can trade some cows... for some pigs on the way down! :)

The Big Green Egg sounds awesome. Let me know if it lives up to whats advertised. Congrats on your 30th. How do you get to order it now....when its still 4 months away? ;) We have our 25th anniversary in Dec. this year. Wonder if i can pull off getting my own gift 9 months early.

It would be your luck to arrive just in time for the monsoons, which are not very fun in Tucson. There is no where for water to run off to, in the desert.
This would be my luck with weather! I could almost guarantee if i scheduled an event in Arizona...a front, monsoon or winter storm would occur. :)

99&beyond...you are now officially.. the only person i know... that knows how many chickens they have! :)
We played in Tulsa last year...i have a great video of our left fielder drifting. When i turned the camera at her...i said "you got it" at the point where she would of had it...then i followed her all the way...to when she ran into the fence! The ball drifted in that Oklahoma wind a long way!

Nov 29, 2009
On inventory we have 19 parents (2 staying put but will send their kids away), 11 kids/ball players, 14 siblings, 12 horses, 255 cows, 24 dogs, 10 cats and a untold number of chickens (I don't know why but people with chickens never know how many chickens they have but people with cows always know)!

Noah's Ark Lite!!! Remember... Only two, only two..

The weather has really sucked in the mid-west this spring. I can't remember see so many games having to be cancelled. The poor folks living along the Mississippi river are getting their butts kicked.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
99&beyond...you are now officially.. the only person i know... that knows how many chickens they have! :)
We played in Tulsa last year...i have a great video of our left fielder drifting. When i turned the camera at her...i said "you got it" at the point where she would of had it...then i followed her all the way...to when she ran into the fence! The ball drifted in that Oklahoma wind a long way!

LOL! We were having problems with a hawk getting our chickens and had to lock them up. So we had to count to make sure we got all of them.

Yes, I have never understood how Chicago is called the windy city. I have been there and it is nothing like the 30 mph winds in the 100 degree heat here in July. Like standing in front of a blast furnace. Our girls have to learn to account for the wind, because you never know exaclty which way that ball will carry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck