Maybe we're in the wrong sport

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 11, 2023
The original marketing had no mention of a world record. That didn't happen until the stadium fully sold in a day and it suddenly was in play. As noted in the original press conference... the court orientation changed with demand. It was certainly to set an attendance record. Specific to the sport. Not the world. I'm sure it influenced the late push for standing room tickets. But the bulk was already in hand.

Jun 8, 2016
The problem is the stadium isn't designed for softball. Unless the field is turf, it would be hard to get a softball field on a grass surface.
I am sure OU football would be fine with digging it up and putting dirt in there.. :ROFLMAO:
Like I said Patty has mentioned doing this before but it has never come to fruition. Stuff like what you mentioned is probably the issue..

Jul 11, 2023
The problem is the stadium isn't designed for softball. Unless the field is turf, it would be hard to get a softball field on a grass surface.
I watch a lower tier soccer team that plays in a baseball stadium. They have grass on the infield during baseball season. I honestly don't understand how they pull it off. But if you can fit the dimensions of a field in the stadium, it isn't that difficult for grounds crews to pull off. Especially when the seasons don't overlap.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I am sure OU football would be fine with digging it up and putting dirt in there.. :ROFLMAO:
Like I said Patty has mentioned doing this before but it has never come to fruition. Stuff like what you mentioned is probably the issue..
Maybe do it at a MLB stadium that's turf? I think the Astros field is turf, and so is Arizona. No one would show up to Sky Dome or the Trop.

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe do it at a MLB stadium that's turf? I think the Astros field is turf, and so is Arizona. No one would show up to Sky Dome or the Trop.
OU fans love their team (who doesn't love a winner..) but I don't know if you could get enough of them to travel to those places..

Aug 1, 2019
MN
State Farm stadium in Arizona has the solution. The grass football field rolls on rails to bring it outside. They'll need a siding track and a rail switch so they can roll the football field out and roll a softball field in.
I'm sure they'll get right to work on that one.

Jun 8, 2016
State Farm stadium in Arizona has the solution. The grass football field rolls on rails to bring it outside. They'll need a siding track and a rail switch so they can roll the football field out and roll a softball field in.
I'm sure they'll get right to work on that one.
You mean the field everybody was complaining about last Super Bowl? :ROFLMAO:

Feb 15, 2017
OU fans love their team (who doesn't love a winner..) but I don't know if you could get enough of them to travel to those places..
The trop you might if done during the clearwater invitational.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414