Madness 10yo DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I hope not, he has the worst swing in mlb. Look at his rear humurus, let me know if any other mlb player does this. He is early early to his stride leg also.

I think Ray was speaking to the explosiveness and speed of her movement.

Jan 13, 2012
I hope not, he has the worst swing in mlb. Look at his rear humurus, let me know if any other mlb player does this. He is early early to his stride leg also.

I wouldn't say "the worst swing" of MLB players. He has one of the worst swings. Much like Stanton, I want to see what happens after he starts to lose his quickness.

Harper is sufficiently athletic that he can hit decently (.260ish with some power) for now. Once he starts slowing down, it's not going to be pretty.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
@ 10yo, I wouldn't tinker with her swing. I would make sure she's seeing more live arm pitching though. Don't do any drills. She's athletic with intent. And beware of the internet guru who invites you to pay for his opinion... LOL

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
madweightshift_zps864e5e2d.gif

Front leg is down to early, but funny thing is it looks as if her weight stays back./QUOTE]
It does?

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Gif shows what I'm talking about..thanks... Front leg down...hips and hands back...see it? Don't watch the foot. So many worry about that dang rear foot...another mythe

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Gif shows what I'm talking about..thanks... Front leg down...hips and hands back...see it? Don't watch the foot. So many worry about that dang rear foot...another mythe
Yes her hips and hands are back because they stay back until she slams into her front leg.
madbatter1_zps2619cfb9.gif

Braun is "staying back"
braunweight_zps70404d19.gif

madhatter2_zps56264d46.gif

Her hips never turn until well after she hits.

braunsnf_zpsd5f81857.gif

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Anyway, to the helpful side, I have been (with Noon's help on the huge files) been getting some McCutchen swings together. Great examples of how to move out and stay back. Watch him on the varying distances of move-out. He is coiled around his rear leg, so he is powered up in place and he is powered up moving out several feet. Harper, and I would argue your dd, have to launch out several feet to produce power. If you can be full power early (moving out) and be full power late (back with little move out) that is adjustablilty.
AMC4_zpsbc7b5cb9.gif

McCutchen_highrear_slo.gif

McCutchen_take.gif

McCutchen_highside.gif

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
You call your riddles helpful? Post all the gif that u want to post. You can't get this right. I identified the problem ...she is ten...your crap is a joke here. Ridiculous really.

Post pics of the latest MVP...weakest MVP numbers in years. Matt kemp is who you should be using if you wanna quiz these guys and riddle speak. You have this dad so confused he doesnt know what to do. She's ten dude.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207