Looking for a specific pitching aid for foot drag - need help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have seen pitching coaches use this device before.

It's a red block (at least the one I saw was red) you put on top of a regular pitching rubber and it forces the pitcher to drag the foot the right way when they do their pitching mechanics.

It prevents faulty mechanics by forcing the right drag.

Anybody has any idea what I am talking about?

Anywhere i could get one of those?

Thanks for your help.

Coach Marc :)

Nov 29, 2009
It's a red block (at least the one I saw was red) you put on top of a regular pitching rubber and it forces the pitcher to drag the foot the right way when they do their pitching mechanics.

Is it in the shape of a "U"? I've seen where someone has made chute that is just wide enough for the pitcher to put her pivot foot in forcing to her step straight forward without turning her foot sideways prior to launch. It was home-made from wood. They had brackets attached to the side of it so they could put sandbags on it to keep it from moving.

Jul 26, 2010
I know Amy has spoken of this device before, some kind of chute that attaches to the rubber, forcing the pivot foot to stay straight. I just put an extra softball right against the toe of their pivot foot, if they don't push off straight or if they pre-turn their foot, the ball moves.

Maybe she'll chime in.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yeah, someone sent it to me, out of the blue. My tiny students can't use it, so I put it back in the box and the guy never contacted me, about it. I will see if there is an address on the box, on Sat.

Jun 15, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Would love to see a video of this thing being used with the "correct " drag. Are we encouraging the toe straight down, shoe laces to the catcher drag? It seems like the back leg would become an anchor, and keep the pitcher from getting open.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Seen many college camps do what is called the paper drill. These were indoor camps and they had a sheet of paper you were to drag with the back toe. Sure is cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd