Little League World Series Championship tonight at 9pm Central....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sorry,this is baseball,but there is a kid on Japan's team throwing 80mph(espn game today)and his name isn't Ray Ray.

Obviously ESPN is using the same radar guns as in the WCWS, all about ratings and talk at the water cooler.

Ok, I'm going to break down and watch a game or two. :cool:

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Try explaining to the local little towns that they have to put more into it, than playing ball for 4 months, a year. They look at you like you are crazy and start sighting LL rules and dates.

Fifteen years ago, you could not play in All Stars, if you were on a travel team. But, people complained that they should be able to do what they want with their own child, so the rule changed.

The key to winning the LL trophy is getting all of the kids from one travel team to register for LL, too - and then, have them spread throughout the league and then, get picked for All Stars. Depending on how All Stars are picked that wouldn't be easy. But, in the little town that I live in, where there might only be one team in each age group, it would be easier.

Which team from last night had practiced for 2 years with the goal of "ESPN?" They had actually attended 2 a day practices. I wasn't watching the game that closely, but I thought that the announcers said that a couple of times.

Croswell Little league from michigan won the 14u version of the LLWS last year and was in the finals a few years ago when that same group of girls was 12u. The town is so small it shares its HS with another town. Our team played them 2 different times in 2 different tourney.

Small towns have the most pole barns.:D

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Random story. BB LLWS.

Nephew has a lot of medical Issues and the team from Mexico has adopted him for some reason. They are treating him like a king and he is having a great time. If you have seen any of the Mexico games on TV you will have seen my nephew in the dugout.

Who says all 12/13 year olds are brats?

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
You know what, that mexican team is awesome! They had a good time with the Ugandan kids too! I've seen a lot of great sportsmanship in this LLWS, and I've seen some not so much, but it's been all fun to watch!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I was so mad last weekend. I was watching the USA LL baseball championship game, if you didn't see it Tennessee was winning 15-5 going into the bottom of the 6th, (6 inning game) California starts chipping away at the score and with back to back 2 out homeruns tie it up 15-15. And then my local TV station decided to switch to a local broadcast of a Detroit Lions Preseason pregame show. Yes in the middle of the inning during an incredible comeback they switched to a pregame show of a practice game. I ran to my PC and went on ESPN and the broadcast was blacked out for me (due to it being on tv on a local channel, who had switched it off). Upset was not a strong enough word. So I had no idea if Cali completed the comeback and won in the 6th, or if TN got the last out... It ended up that TN scores 9 in the top of the 7th, I wish I could have heard the coach talk to those kids between innings because every single one of the them was hanging his head during that 6th inning, I want to know how he boosted their moral enough to get them to go back out there and knock the stuffing out of the ball. It would have made great TV. Instead the TV station thought I would rather hear some washed up ex pro talk about some other washed up soon to be ex pros who might get some playing time in the 3rd and 4th quarter of a game that doesn't mean anything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs