Lite Flite Machine Trouble

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2010
Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the balls from wanting to float all over the place from the machine. I move the machine all around trying to get a consistant pattern. I am trying to teach bunting from this machine but the girls have to keep adjusting.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
I use regular pitching machine balls and I have even used our practice softballs.
Those liteflite balls are too hard for the kids to hit. They are very inconsistent and if there is even a slight breeze it's 10X worse.
Good Luck.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Is the wheel worn? I've experienced the pitch movement but attributed it to the worn wheel and the tendency to constantly vibrate out of position (Up/down control)

Jun 25, 2009
If you turn the speed up, the balls tend to rise or float on you. Wind does make it worse. If I'm using it for bunting practice, I move in to maybe 20 feet or so and turn the speed down. I also only use it from 25 to 30' max for hitting just to try and keep the speed down to avoid the rise. I use Diamond balls in mine and even at full speed it may rise, but it is really consistent. I like a little moving around with a machine, as long as it stays in the zone. Mine does. The jugs balls I have are different ages and are not nearly as consistent as the Diamond balls. Trying to run them through a lot on fly ball and catcher drills to get them broken in. Did someone mention using real balls or dimple balls? Are you putting these through the LiteFlite? I have always been scared to even try it. Thinking about trying some of the new Total Control Wiffle balls in it and see what happens. Our main use is a bunting station.

Oct 19, 2009
I think the movement of Lite Flites are the best reason to use them - especially for bunting. It really forces the kid to keep their head on the ball and track it. The downside is that players who ONLY practice with Lite Flites won't drive through the ball off a live pitcher. They have their place.

Nov 1, 2009
I have been told by other team in our organization that the balls are really wild until they have gone through the machine 40 or 50 times. We don't use the light flight machine so I don't have first hand knowledge but hopefully that helps you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207