Lessons during the season?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
Do you continue with pitching lessons during the season? If so, do you have them at the same frequency that you did during the offseason or do you just have the occasional "checkup"?

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
We keep our 1x weekly lesson for 'tweaking'
If she has a busy week of games, we take it
easy so as to not overthrow. DD has great
dynamics with PC, she can bounce ideas off coach
and she gains valuable insight into the mental part of the game

Apr 13, 2010
We were going to do like a every other week thing for the season but things are going so well that we plan to go every week we can. I think it's a good idea to have it during the season if you can to help resolve issues, "tweak" like Coach JV said, etc.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
We try very hard to keep weekly pitching lessons during regular season. Like Coach JV's DD, mine has a great relationship with PC and gets insight into mental part of pitching from him when necessary.

Feb 3, 2011
Do you continue with pitching lessons during the season? If so, do you have them at the same frequency that you did during the offseason or do you just have the occasional "checkup"?

How old is your kid? My DD started lessons during the season when she was 7. It was the right move for her at the time. This year, she is asking for help, but hasn't seen anyone yet. She just wants a checkup.

Jun 21, 2010
How old is your kid? My DD started lessons during the season when she was 7. It was the right move for her at the time. This year, she is asking for help, but hasn't seen anyone yet. She just wants a checkup.

My daughter is 14 and a freshman in HS. So this is her first HS season. She has never had daily softball practices and/or games before. At most she has had 2-3 times/week practices. So with her practices and scrimmages/games, she has been doing a lot of pitching. I just don't want to overburden her by adding in unneeded lessons.

If she was practicing once or twice a week with the team, I would have no issue with a weekly lesson. I just don't want to wear her out.

I think I will just play it by ear and how she feels and schedule lessons accordingly. Thanks for all the feedback.

Dec 22, 2010
My DD is just starting spring ball. She has taken group pitching lessons all winter. This will be her first season pitching in a game. She is 8 yrs. old and has been taking group lessons for the past year. She will be taking private lessons with the same coach starting next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd