Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Imagine how much better results you could get at hitting if all these posts were talking about how to be a better hitter...
If your team is hitting who's complaining about what the pitcher is doing...
😁

Nov 25, 2012
USA
That perfect game JB threw yesterday was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it. Sure wish ESPN would pick that up and get FloSoftball out of there.........can't believe they are still in business.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
Imagine how much better results you could get at hitting if all these posts were talking about how to be a better hitter...
If your team is hitting who's complaining about what the pitcher is doing...
Imagine not trolling if you don't agree with the subject.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Imagine not trolling if you don't agree with the subject. Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Really there @Gtrips07 not liking other perspectives to the conversation?!
Certainly haven't read everybody agreeing...
out of the assortment of other posts some just humor, this one really got ya okay!
jab jab 🤺 🙂lol

Glad it's okay to add other perspectives into conversations on the discussion forum and not be considered trolling to have a little fun with it.

My perspective is while other people are focusing on the pitchers feet I am focused on hitting the ball. And I'm glad to add that to the conversation again thank you very much. 🙂 make no mistake I do care about the conversation!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
This has been an interesting thread for sure and glad the OP started it. A couple questions....

1. As you read through this thread are you on the pitching side of things or are you on the hitting side of things.... there is not a Both to this question (although many might answer both but just one or the other)
Meaning, she leaps some so not fair to hitters or she leaps some and not fair to the "legal" pitchers.

I look at it from a pitching perspective but realize others may not be.

2. Is there any interest or benefit to starting a new illegal pitching thread which could be helpful? I ask this because "illegal" pitching happens more than most people think and it happens by many of the best of them. I don't want to derail this thread but perhaps a separate thread to discuss others. Again, the reason would be to show that MANY have some sort of "illegal" mechanics to them. NOT ALL!!! But many do and might be worth a discussion.......

Just a thought...

S3

Nov 25, 2012
USA
And to the above regarding a separate thread......this might be worth a discussion.....except in different thread not to derail this one.....and I will say she is one of my favorites but didn't gain attention to her own thread for some reason....not knocking the OP.... just the opposite. Brings a great point and so many others do "various" things....

S3

radness

Dec 13, 2019
This has been an interesting thread for sure and glad the OP started it. A couple questions.... 1. As you read through this thread are you on the pitching side of things or are you on the hitting side of things.... there is not a Both to this question (although many might answer both but just one or the other) Meaning, she leaps some so not fair to hitters or she leaps some and not fair to the "legal" pitchers. I look at it from a pitching perspective but realize others may not be. 2. Is there any interest or benefit to starting a new illegal pitching thread which could be helpful? I ask this because "illegal" pitching happens more than most people think and it happens by many of the best of them. I don't want to derail this thread but perhaps a separate thread to discuss others. Again, the reason would be to show that MANY have some sort of "illegal" mechanics to them. NOT ALL!!! But many do and might be worth a discussion....... Just a thought... S3
Good read and observations!

It has been an interesting thread to read with different good observations added.

1. There is the aspect of whether or not umpires are calling it. Simply adds to the inconsistencies that comes with umpiring in general.
Doesn't make it right but it's inconsistent like balls and strikes anyway game to game.

2. The question of whether or not it actually helps pitchers. Does it matter or not to be a rule?

3. The focus on these top Elite pitchers doing it. While even though there are other pitchers that do it that get no attention about it at all.

4. In my opinion #3 exposes that perhaps it may not matter if pitchers are leaping if the hitters are hitting. which I have brought that up before. if you're hitters are hitting do you really care what the pitcher is doing?

5. If we stay focused on playing the game the sport itself and stop focusing on what the official may or may not do then we can just focus to counter whatever the pitcher is doing by being better hitters. Which really the goal is the pitcher to defeat the batter. if the batter is not being defeated it doesn't matter what the pitcher is doing.

Will definitely say it's amazing that this conversation is still being had about pitching mechanics. 40 years of hearing people discuss this kind of topic.
In my opinion the worst thing that can come of this is if it gets in your head on the field.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
5. If we stay focused on playing the game the sport itself and stop focusing on what the official may or may not do then we can just focus to counter whatever the pitcher is doing by being better hitters. Which really the goal is the pitcher to defeat the batter. if the batter is not being defeated it doesn't matter what the pitcher is doing.
I don't see too many coaches going nuts on the field asking for it to be called every time they see it so it may be that the
people who are actually playing the games are already taking this approach 🤷‍♂️

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I don't see too many coaches going nuts on the field asking for it to be called every time they see it so it may be that the
people who are actually playing the games are already taking this approach 🤷‍♂️
Agree. There are some that will but I think less who make an issue of it, most let it go. Really it's
The people in the stands like to have something to chatter about.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I don't know how many college games the members here attend on a regular basis. I have averaged 15-20 a year for at least the last 10 years, in all three divisions. I have a very good hi-def camera and use the highest shutter speed. I always take lots of video, being an instructor I am always interested in the individual methods that pitchers have developed to get the job done. When you look closely at video you see that a lot of pitchers lose contact with the ground at some point. Most of the time it's so quick that it goes unnoticed. I don't see it as a big advantage. Replanting is another story and is something that should be regulated. And as long as we're talking about illegal how about this pitcher's footwork? Take a good luck at her pushoff foot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff