Jordy Bahl ball position

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes, Monica definitely gets a pass!
I'm guessing they clamped down on her a fair bit in Japan. Japan always had the most strict rules. They never even used to allow pitchers to use rosin. I can tell they've loosened the rules in the last few years but, I'm guessing they didn't let her get away with the small step she does.

The other thing about her small step is, if there was a hole in front of the rubber I think that would prohibit her from that step. If she wasn't playing on a field where the rubber is level with the ground, it'd be a lot harder for her to do that step.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I'm guessing they clamped down on her a fair bit in Japan. Japan always had the most strict rules. They never even used to allow pitchers to use rosin. I can tell they've loosened the rules in the last few years but, I'm guessing they didn't let her get away with the small step she does.

The other thing about her small step is, if there was a hole in front of the rubber I think that would prohibit her from that step. If she wasn't playing on a field where the rubber is level with the ground, it'd be a lot harder for her to do that step.
Bill, what is the percentage of turf vs dirt fields in Japan do you think? Seems like I have seen alot of turf over there but I really have no clue. I know you have a much better idea.

S3

Jul 19, 2021
I have this for studying to flex.

You know, this shows that she is around 9 o'clock at full heel plant of the stride foot. That's quite a bit later than most hi velo pitchers and goes against what I thought was typical.

Aug 21, 2008
Bill, what is the percentage of turf vs dirt fields in Japan do you think? Seems like I have seen alot of turf over there but I really have no clue. I know you have a much better idea.

S3
I honestly couldn't tell you. I think the MAJORITY of fields in Japan are used for both softball and baseball. And more and more colleges here are going with Turf since the spring season often sucks for weather. A lot more games can be played on Turf than natural surfaces with bad weather.

But, I was referring to the general conditions that Abbott would be playing at, Olympics, NPF, etc. The fields are well kept. Even in college, the rubber is flat with the ground there are not holes to contend with. We all know what a field looks like after the 8th game of the day without any maintenance.. it becomes disgusting. Moon size craters in front of the rubber and batter's box's, the ground becomes sand so you cannot pack it down. It's like pitching in a cat's litter box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00