Jordy Bahl ball position

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
First, it is good to see video of where she is now, Oklahoma vs TB. I get the earlier pics and not knocking anyone but when they get to college things change.

2nd, I know her feet aren't shown that well but for a so called REPLANTER as victimized in another thread......I don't see it.

3rd @Shawn any chance you can post the same vid with her feet included? I think I may be seeing something but need her feet to be shown to confirm.

S3

I have this for studying to flex.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020
Thanks Armwhip and bucket mom! Yes she can keep palm up when she goes slow. So we will keep working. Just wish it would click already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2018
Incorrect. Jordan curls her index finger on her rise. She has extremely small hands so, every grip of every pitch requires her entire hand on the ball, that gives the illusion that she's throwing a change up based on still photos. She can throw her change off either rise or drop grip, it will vary on the kind of ball she's using and seam height. :)
No fair - you have insider info.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I have this for studying to flex.

Thanks @Shawn for posting!!!! Great Great video!!!! I mentioned I think I am seeing something from your earlier video post but wanted to see her feet before I mentioned it. This video is spot on.

She takes a very small gym step and that is what I thought I was seeing and this is confirmation. Much appreciated.

That said and I want to be clear crystal clear.......she starts with her heal on or just behind the rubber, picks it up, and puts it down on the front of the rubber. Therefore, she still is taking off from the rubber and not a huge gym step away from the rubber.

When the rules changed to start back/step back a couple years ago I posed that exact motion to this site to ask if that would be legal. Could you start with your toe behind the rubber ( but touching it with your toe) and slide the foot forward almost more than a she length but end with the heal on the front or right in front of the rubber? Technically, you are still in contact when you push off but there is a forward slide or pick up/put back down. I never got an answer that it was illegal or legal but I do not believe (could be wrong) that it is illegal.

And going back to the other JB post I was trying to explain just this thing. I watch pitchers all day long taking gym steps in D1. Some are way out there and should be called and others are like JB above. IMHO if you can do this then it is a favorable advantage and gets things going early similar to a walk-thru. I am a fan of it and pretty sure there is not a rule that states the foot can't go forward while still in contact with the rubber. Of course I could be wrong and if a rule is out there please share as I haven't been able to confirm one way or the other with 100% certainty.

Thanks again @Shawn

S3

May 27, 2013
When the rules changed to start back/step back a couple years ago I posed that exact motion to this site to ask if that would be legal. Could you start with your toe behind the rubber ( but touching it with your toe) and slide the foot forward almost more than a she length but end with the heal on the front or right in front of the rubber? Technically, you are still in contact when you push off but there is a forward slide or pick up/put back down. I never got an answer that it was illegal or legal but I do not believe (could be wrong) that it is illegal.

This is how my dd pitched in HS. She did exactly what you describe - touched the back of the rubber with her toe then slid forward so when she drove off the rubber her heel was still in contact at the front of the rubber. She never picked her foot up, just slid forward. Never was called illegal as she maintained contact with the rubber.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Technically if you maintain contact it should be legal, no different from sliding your foot from one side of the rubber to the other. Unless you're Monica Abbott, then you can step off the rubber.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes, Monica definitely gets a pass!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
This is how my dd pitched in HS. She did exactly what you describe - touched the back of the rubber with her toe then slid forward so when she drove off the rubber her heel was still in contact at the front of the rubber. She never picked her foot up, just slid forward. Never was called illegal as she maintained contact with the rubber.
Thanks for sharing that @Vertigo. Good to know!(y)(y)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad