Jenny's Game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Sorry, I was just jokin' with ya.

Is this the first thing you have written? I'm asking because it may be difficult to have someone even read it if you haven't had something published or produced before. Have you considered turning it into a novel and getting it published first? A successfull book always has a better chance of being turned into a movie.

Or you could make the movie yourself. Remember the Titans comes to mind as a low budget, privately made movie that turned into a huge success. And there are others, like Paranormal Activity (VERY low budget).

Good luck with it. It may be a long hard road to get it made into a movie, but if it does, I'll go watch it.

Feb 7, 2011
Not the first thing written. First screenplay though. I've considered the low budget route. That, too, is a hard business to break into. Didn't Remembering the Titans star Denzel Washington? If you get a big name actor on board it doesn't matter how you do it. Thanks for your encouragement, and I hope one day to get it made so you can watch it.

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks for the Twitter suggestion and FB page idea. I'll look into those two. I'm actually working on getting Finch's attention. The Team USA recruiter is a member of our regional ASA association. I've been leaning on him to make some connections for me. We'll see what happens with that!.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Hmmm... maybe it wasn't the Titan movie, but I remember it was a football movie. Oops, my wife just told me it was Facing the Giants. Not quite the same movie, but still big for independent.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Try this guy. He is on both Twitter and Facebook and replies to comments. Chris Hendrickson
@chrishndrcksn Chicago South Suburbs
Regional Account Executive Chicago Bandits
chicagobandits.com: Home

Also, Cat Osterman replies to Facebook comments and Crystl Bustos is easy to contact. As is, Monica Abbott and Sue Enquist. I just sent Finch a tweet, so it isn't that hard. It may take you a few months to get established on Twitter, though.

Feb 7, 2011
a question

Thanks for your tips. I'll follow up. I've actually spoken to Monica Abbott; we are in the same ASA association. She listened politely, but I do not think "movies" are her thing. I'm thinking Jenny Finch may have other feelings. Since you have an established Twitter account, and have her attention, I wonder if you wouldn't mind telling her about the screenplay? Thank you for anything you may be able to do that helps get this story out there. Daniel Duncan

Aug 9, 2011
Daniel --- I was doing some of my own research for a girls softball themed feature film and discovered this thread. I'm a writer as well as Director/Producer in the film & television industry (based in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX) and have completed two features and recently a short film titled DIRTY LAUNDRY in June 2011. You can view the film information on IMDb.....International Movie Database. I've been in the industry 10+ years and I'm always eager to lead help to people trying to get their scripts/stories made. The first thing you need to do is register the script with the Writers Guild of America. The cost is $25 I believe and although it's not a copyright, it does give you more clout when you show the WGA# on the cover page of the script. If you don't know the duties of a Producer let me know and I'd be happy to give you a few bullet points to get you started. Best of Luck to you!

Mar 13, 2010
Screwball I've seen it before. I had a little girl who desperatly wanted to play softball but wasn't allowed as it was too messy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA