Interesting Study on DI softball recruiting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks Bobby,

These are things I've been telling my parents over the years that coaches look for. To have is in writing is great. I've forwarded the link to my former and current players.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Your welcome Sparky. Reading thru threads...i have read where many of you guys have said such things...and it is nice to have a study backing it up.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Very interesting, thanks for posting. I have a question that maybe someone could answer though. It states that statistics from TB are what they look at for recruiting. Obviously they are not talking about 10U so, what age group do they start looking at? and, How do they know the scorebook keeper doesn't pad the stats? High School is not looked at as much, but it seems like the stats would be a little more verifiable. I ask because my DD's team has the head coach keep the book and I know that his DD never makes an error, but has had alot of bad hops.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How do they know the score book keeper doesn't pad the stats?

If he is dead, then they have confidence.

The question was, "What top three statistics best define a top pitching recruit?" The question was not, "How much weight do you give stats?"

Also, it says "*TOP* pitching recruit"... A "top pitching recruiting" will not be playing for the 16U Daddy's Dandies. She will play for someone like the Batbusters or the Beverly Bandits--and those teams don't have Daddy keeping the score.

Coaches go see the player play, and then decide if the kid has the athletic ability to play at the D1 level.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Nice post I finally can win and argument about OB% to our high school coach. Plus it should open some eyes on those that only want to play one sport, softball!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck