How to know you're getting through

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
In my last article for Softball Magazine, I used one of my favorite little teaching devices to talk about the importance of commitment to what you're doing. The article focused on what is the difference between bacon and eggs. The answer, of course, is that the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. I finished, as I do in lessons or team practices, by telling readers they should be the pig.
058.JPG

I do know that message got through to at least one of my students. I usually get a box of extra Softball Magazines when they come out, so I will distribute them to my students. This one was no exception. Each of my students received a copy of the magazine, including a girl named Erin who is new with me this year.

Well, lo and behold, right before Christmas she comes to her lesson toting a good-sized red shopping bag, and inside the bag is the piggy bank shown in the picture. She had customized it with the saying "Be A Pig."

Obviously the article made an impression on her and her family. Hopefully she's living it too! But this was so cute I just had to share. I love it when a plan comes together!

More...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan