Hitting your arm or back on follow through--hate it

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Intersting. Even Bustos hits so many balls off a T every day, not a batting machine. One of the best hitting coaches I know and an Olympic coach doesn't have a batting machine and uses a T and soft tosses to his students.

I totally agree that the tee is one of the best devices for perfecting good swing mechanics. I see a lot of kids who are less than enthused on using a tee or just give a half effort when using a tee and some even think it’s for babies. In my opinion the player who hits a number of balls off a tee every day is miles ahead of the competition, but the mechanics must be correct on the swings and work on tracking the ball.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a coach in high school baseball who taught to hit the back of the elbow and back he advised if you did this it meant you had a level swing. I was a power hitter and it hurt home run production when doing this. I hit line drives or ground balls and could not get lift on the ball like I was before the coach taught this.

What I hear from most coaches today is finish high although I still see players who hit the back elbow and back in the finish.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I hear parents yell at kids all the time swing level. That is a whole other subject. Watch Mike and Sue talk about the big zone in RVP and that should explain why the swing is not level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG