Has Anyone Tried the Pitcher's Nightmare?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 11, 2014
Videos

I'm looking into purchasing this for DD. We live in a tight neighborhood so she doesn't have room for batting practice at home. This seems to be a great tool for her to use on her own since our space is limited and it has pretty good reviews. What do you think?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Videos

I'm looking into purchasing this for DD. We live in a tight neighborhood so she doesn't have room for batting practice at home. This seems to be a great tool for her to use on her own since our space is limited and it has pretty good reviews. What do you think?

There is NO substitute for hitting moving balls to improve hitting ability. Hitting at a target (i.e. ball on a tee) would also be better than just taking dry swings. The device in the video MIGHT be helpful for hitters with specific swing mechanics issues, but it's not a replacement for hitting a ball, and without careful instruction might make swing mechanics worse. I would pick any number of close-space ball-on-a-string type devices LONG before this rubber-band device.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I'm not a fan.
You'd be way better off to just front toss her MOJO balls. They only go about 30 feet, and are light as a marshmallow. ...won't hurt anything if one hits a house or car.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm not a fan.
You'd be way better off to just front toss her MOJO balls. They only go about 30 feet, and are light as a marshmallow. ...won't hurt anything if one hits a house or car.

We use the Mojo balls indoors (when DW isn't around ;) ). Banging them off a window or TV is not an issue.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have one that my DD used for awhile, but after the novelty wore off it was never used again......but my DD is a pitcher, so hitting for her is secondary and we only do it when we have time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG