Grrrrrrr - Cancelled already!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
We have a 3 team round robin set for Sunday. Forecast for Sunday as of today (Friday) is 50% chance of rain, high of 50, so the team cancels on Friday already?!!:mad: I can understand giving people a heads up, but it's 78 today and 74 tomorrow and sunny both days!

OK, I feel better.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I absolutely hate that!

50% chance of rain and a 90% chance the forecast is wrong.

If someone dosen't want to play or has something going on, say so. Don't blame the weather 2 days out!

My parents pull that bs. They say they are going to come see the kids play, then several days out they start with the "it's gonna rain, be too hot, be too cold, gonna snow, and on and on."

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
Wusses. 50 degrees and possibly rainy is great for a scrimmage/round robin. How is that team going to perform when there's nasty weather and it's a game that matters? They're passing up a opportunity to prepare themselves.

Of course, I'm a nut. ;-)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Also in PA. Double header game Sun. at 10. News says rain to start mid-morning . Probably right after warms ups. What the hey...

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
We have a 3 team round robin set for Sunday. Forecast for Sunday as of today (Friday) is 50% chance of rain, high of 50, so the team cancels on Friday already?!!:mad: I can understand giving people a heads up, but it's 78 today and 74 tomorrow and sunny both days!

OK, I feel better.

That surprises you? In that part of the country, it has become routine to cancel events on a forecast, including school and sporting events. And in many cases, that move is more callous than not taking action.

Jun 11, 2012
We didn't cancel last Sunday's scrimmage until 2 hours before and it was pouring all morning. We kept holding out hope that it was going to stop.
Our scrimmage for this Sunday is in limbo right now but I think we might be ok.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
That surprises you? In that part of the country, it has become routine to cancel events on a forecast, including school and sporting events. And in many cases, that move is more callous than not taking action.

You are right of course, I should not be surprised and I really just wanted to vent.

But there is a part of me that thinks the team just did not want to deal with the possibility that they would have to get up early and work on the fields if there was a chance they weren't going to play. I have mixed feelings about that.

Jan 18, 2011
I'm in PA also. Have double header fall game at 1pm. I'm home team and I'm waiting till tomorrow. I hate canceling, I wait to at least 2 hours before game start or at least I try to wait that long. As of now, we're still playing.

They called it way to soon! I'd have to vent on that one myself. Best of luck to ya.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
We got the rain Friday night. Friendly Sat. 10/5 was to use 3 diamonds, starting at 9am. Got reduced to 2 diamonds that were slightly greasy, other 2 unplayable. So we had to set 2 games in a row. We took lunch for first game, then HC had practice on the muddy field that wasn't being used... now that was training!!! If games cancel, have practice before the diamonds dry... then you'll see who really wants to play in the infield. :{))

Make sure to get something to get mud off cleats...any good suggestions on the best easy to carry mud remover???
Oh yea, don't forget too bring score book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd