GRIT~ be Willing to get hit by the ball.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
I can't even believe coaches yell at a kid for not allowing a pitch to hit them and even worse is a parent that thinks that it's great.

Feb 3, 2016
Definitely takes a different breed to let a Softball hit you.
I had a girl that wouldn't flinch with 55+ mph pitch to the face guard bars. I don't think she even blinked. Crazy...take your base!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Honestly, i feel like you get hit more in the infield by playing the ball passively. Field through the ball whenever possible.
Yes sir. Most "bad hops" are just in-between hops where the player didn't read the hop and then use her feet correctly to get a long/short hop. Also if at all possible an IF should try to get slightly to the right of the ball (from her perspective) which facilitates both reading the hop (it is easier to see the distance between hops when you view them from the side then straight on) and also having some momentum (or fielding through as you say) towards 1st base.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
There are ways to take on and get to bat again rather than get injured ;)

Leaning upper torso left shoulder into the river?!
Some batters turn the entire left side into the river.
Geez our tushie can have an
'on base average' of its own.
Just saying....
This often appears to cause getting hit.

Screenshot_2020-09-13-12-20-57-1.png
Yes i completley disagree with not having to AVOID getting hit! (atleast attempt to not get hit)

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019
As a pitcher's dad, I will say that nothing irks me more than a batter that has enough grit to stay put on an inside pitch and take one for the team. Hate giving up free bases like that. Much respect to those girls.

Now if they wear one of those elbow protectors and get hit there, all bets are off. That's cheatin' if you ask a pitcher's dad! lol. Either take it for the team the old school way or get out of the way. Don't suit up like a hockey goalie and start taking HBP's and think you're all that.
Nope, wear it and still be all that. No chances on the elbow

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad