Glove Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Hard to go wrong with Nokona or Vinci, especially after your DD is done growing.

One other thing to keep in mind if you buy a Nokona or Vinci, they take 2-3X longer to break in, so DO NOT expect to buy one and play with it the same day.

Jun 21, 2010
The Nokona Buckaroo break in faster than some other Nokonas or other high quality gloves. The Buckaroo is specific for softball. I have two Nokonas. The black Buckaroo and the BM76 Banana Tan H web. Both are as good as a glove will get. That said, I had a great phone conversation with casedawg and ordered myself a nice Vinci glove custom color and build. Need more hands!

Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
Thanks for all of the replies. Really frustrated with all of the great baseball glove choices and so few softball glove options. My daughter tried a nice Wilson 12" A2K baseball glove. She did not like how loose it fit her hand. She said it felt like it would fly off. She can palm a girl's basketball, but her fingers are skinny. She likes the A2000 softball gloves, but they have velcro.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Nokona, Vinci or another A2K (even with the velcro). Baseball glove is not an option. I still play both and my gamer gloves are NOT interchangeable. Pocket size issues and finger wells that are too big for girls (as you have seen already).

I just picked up a 12" Insignia for myself for a song but that fails for your DD on the velcro front. This glove is terrific!

CP

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ordered a Vinci for my DD for Christmas and she loves it. Custom 12" Baseball glove (No Velcro). Casey's right, the finger stalls on her
glove are very snug. Casey explained the process to me that on their dual welted gloves how it tightens the inside of the finger stalls and he was right. Fits her hand like she was there when they made it. To the OP, a Vinci, Nokona, or A2000 will all be great gloves. I own two A2000's, old A2000's and they have been great gloves ! Never owned a Nokona but I'm sure they are great gloves from everything I've read. The process of dealing with Casedawg was so easy (emails & over phone) that when I need another glove I will
definitey order another Vinci from Casey.

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 121
Aug 2, 2013
My daughter is 15 and just starting her freshman softball season. She plays shortstop and is using a 12" Wilson A2K FPAW, which she has used for the last 2 seasons of travel. She is looking for a new glove to get it broken in for next year. We are looking at the Wilson A2000BB1787 11.75" and Mizuno GGE60FP 11.5". Her A2K is a great glove. She does not want anything larger than the A2K and is not real keen on the velcro. But sometimes, we think to just get another A2K FPAW, as it has served her well.

Any advice or thoughts will be appreciated...thanks!

Do any of your girls use a Wilson A2000 or A2K baseball glove for middle infield in fastpitch?

My DD has tried every glove brand their is, or so it seems. She has my old 11" glove (I forget the brand) which
was over $100 10 years ago and uses that when she plays 3rd base. She has a 3 year old A2000 1st base mit for her usual position, 1st base. She also uses that mit when she catches. She has a catchers mit but uses the A2000 instead.
She has always used baseball gloves and briefly used a nice worth liberty softball glove, which I use.
You can't go wrong with the A2000. It will work just fine for softball.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Thanks for all of the replies. Really frustrated with all of the great baseball glove choices and so few softball glove options. My daughter tried a nice Wilson 12" A2K baseball glove. She did not like how loose it fit her hand. She said it felt like it would fly off. She can palm a girl's basketball, but her fingers are skinny. She likes the A2000 softball gloves, but they have velcro.

I would not recommend using a baseball glove to play competitive softball. Buy a softball specific model - they are designed differently and are typically a better fit for smaller hands.

medicpelle

You are looking live.....
Feb 11, 2013
Grand Lake Oklahoma
Pocket sizes are different with baseball and softball as well. I don't have any numbers to back me up but I bet it be really hard to find a D-1 college player using a baseball glove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207