Girls Fastpitch questions please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2012
Would those of you who are very involved with fastpitch softball please complete a very quick 10 question survey for me?

Please feel free to copy and send the link to the survey to as many coaches and or parents as you can. We are trying to collect as much data as we can to potentially fund an Elite Softball Complex exclusively for fastpitch girls softball.

As one response came back:
A central "Cooperstown" like facility would be nice mainly from the perspective of having properly sized fields that do not utilize temporary fencing. If the intent is to create a venue where players are showcased, there are only certain time frames during the year that coaches are available to look at players, and the facility would have to cater to those coaches needs.

Your feedback is truly important. Thank you for your time. We are trying very hard to fund and build an Elite Facility for national tournaments and exposure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2012
We are actually very interested in all ages. We are considering having age specific weeks through-out the summer. Since the complex will be exclusive to softball and the field dimensions don't change we hope to host everything from 10u up to and including collegiate/pro events. IE: ACC, Big South tournaments, High School national invitational, ASA and USSSA event we are open to everything right now. Thanks for the responses so far. Appreciated.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The only problem that I would foresee would be the cost of the travel/hotel stays for the family on top of thae player fee. Maybe if you could find an all inclusive package for everyone including housing for the family (maybe 1 extra hotel room per family or give them options of an additional 1 or 2 rooms) it might become even more palatable for those involved.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The only problem that I would foresee would be the cost of the travel/hotel stays for the family on top of thae player fee. Maybe if you could find an all inclusive package for everyone including housing for the family (maybe 1 extra hotel room per family or give them options of an additional 1 or 2 rooms) it might become even more palatable for those involved.

Sounds like they are trying to mimic Cooperstown Dream Park and how it is run for baseball. Kids stay in cabins as a team with only the coach, no parents.

Which might be fun at a younger age, but please don't lock me up with 12 ( 16-17 year old girls ) for a week. That would be a slow painful death, blow my brains out instead. :) Then, since the majority of coaches are men, that's another factor. Too much liability with a man in a cabin with a dozen minor girls.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Sounds like they are trying to mimic Cooperstown Dream Park and how it is run for baseball. Kids stay in cabins as a team with only the coach, no parents.

Which might be fun at a younger age, but please don't lock me up with 12 ( 16-17 year olds ) for a week. Blow my brains out instead. Then since the majority of coaches are men, that's another factor. Too much liability with a man in a cabin with a dozen minor girls.

Good Point GD! Never even thought of that part of it>

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
As I tell the phone survey family time wreckers, "what do I get?" obviously the info is very valuable to you, are you a non profit? No? Then throw me a bone. A coupon or something. Maybe half price team entry if it hits off.

Ok ok I'll do the survey, but only if there are no political questions.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008

Which might be fun at a younger age, but please don't lock me up with 12 ( 16-17 year olds ) for a week. Blow my brains out instead. Then since the majority of coaches are men, that's another factor. Too much liability with a man in a cabin with a dozen minor girls.

I was thinking the same thing, and also figuring out that kind of money for 16-18 older girls (18Gold) coming from California with their entourage (parents, siblings, etc...). The costs involved would be staggering!!! never thought about the coach liability issue, good catch.

Aug 31, 2012
I was thinking the same thing, and also figuring out that kind of money for 16-18 older girls (18Gold) coming from California with their entourage (parents, siblings, etc...). The costs involved would be staggering!!! never thought about the coach liability issue, good catch.

Liability is a big thing and men would obviously not be allowed in the cabins. Even at the younger ages. Would have to be team mom, liaison, chaperone.

Like the previous poster did note this would be very similar to the Coopertown Dreams Park in practice. And yes it is an expensive trip, but one in which we would be trying to provide huge value to the families. The points about cost are very valid and yet it is $850 per player at Cooperstown for the boys and they have 120 per week for 12 weeks from all over the country including Hawaii.

We know that the boys teams/baseball will do it. We would like to establish if it is even possible to mirror that experience with the girls before dropping $30m to develop the park. Strategically we want to try to provide the CDP type experience for the girls if it is something they want.

Keep it coming and if we do get it off the ground you never know.........I may come back here with coupons galore for the inaugural year.

thanks again.

Aug 31, 2012
As I tell the phone survey family time wreckers, "what do I get?" obviously the info is very valuable to you, are you a non profit? No? Then throw me a bone. A coupon or something. Maybe half price team entry if it hits off.

Ok ok I'll do the survey, but only if there are no political questions.

nope, no politics. and you are right it is valuable to us and we appreciate your time. like I said, IF we do it, and it make sense maybe I will come back to you with something.

thanks for the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs