GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2016
Just got back from the store and bought the Ghost DS in the limited edition Team Canada colors. Daughter loves the look. She had been using the 2018 Ghost bat previously.

The store owner said that he has already had a bunch of returns on cracked Advanced bats at an alarming rate. I imagine the Advanced probably has more pop, but sacrificed durability to get it.

Apr 25, 2019
Ghost Advances are failing at a rate of over 30% which is why higher than the typical 4% company's usually allow for break in. They are waiting for a "re-tool" of the current bat before they honor any more warranties. It is assumed that with the "re-tool" it won't have nearly the amount of pop but should be more durable. That being said, my DD has a Ghost Advanced that is developing a crack so I went ahead and bought another one while I could. Now she has a cage/practice Ghost and a strictly GAME ONLY bat. HAHA I just couldn't let that one go. She was been raking this past Summer and Fall and was not about to screw up that mojo. Heck, seeing what CF8's go for, I may buy another one and keep it in the wrapper for a rainy day. Because once they are gone, they are gone.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Stop, they are warrantying all bats...stop spreading info like that. Some people dont know better
and actually see posts and believe it. Internet battles facts many times...haha. Also, they in no way are going to re-tool and make it worse. But lmk if you have any people that are going to pay huge prices for them when the 2022 comes out and I will keep a few around too :)

I called my guy at Easton today actually, and he has no idea what you are talking about with warranty
as they WILL ALWAYS WARRANTY THEIR BATS and also he has no idea where your 30% comes from. He actually would love to hear from your source and compare information with each other. I can def connect them and make it happen so they can talk.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018
My DD has a Ghost Stars and Stripes (33/23) that we bought back in the Spring and also a Mizuno PC (33/24) that we purchased at the same time. We bought two bats because she changed bat size and we needed a back up. She wouldn’t use the PC because she loved the Ghost too much. Well the Ghost cracked at her last team practice for the Fall season about two weeks ago. She had to use the PC at a lesson today. I think the PC had better pop than the Ghost. She wouldn’t admit it, but she didn’t deny it either. I will get a warranty replacement for the Ghost but suspect she might use the PC a little more than she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 25, 2019
Stop, they are warrantying all bats...stop spreading info like that. Some people dont know better
and actually see posts and believe it. Internet battles facts many times...haha. Also, they in no way are going to re-tool and make it worse. But lmk if you have any people that are going to pay huge prices for them when the 2022 comes out and I will keep a few around too :)

I called my guy at Easton today actually, and he has no idea what you are talking about with warranty
as they WILL ALWAYS WARRANTY THEIR BATS and also he has no idea where your 30% comes from. He actually would love to hear from your source and compare information with each other. I can def connect them and make it happen so they can talk.

I never said that they weren't warrantying the bats. Maybe I should have rephrased it. I'll admit I have heard this information from a secondary source but the primary source was an Easton rep here in the south. This was told to the dealer that I am friends with. As for the 30% failure rate, I can personally attest to the fact that this year alone we have had 5 easton GA's used on our team and all 5 developed cracks or cracked outright. So that's 100% failure rate. One girl has had a warranty exchange out since October and was told that they wouldn't have a replacement until January. So it's not speculation, this is what we are seeing on the local level. Next time I will phrase it as such.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ok, saying 30% because you have seen 5 break is absolutely not an accurate percentage and attests to nothing really...take the tens of thousands sold, not your 5 and the other is just second hand info. Also, the bats that were sent in for paint cracks that Easton also just send s a new one out for. To me there are 2 diff kinds of breaks. You have the bat that lasts 8 months and has 2K swings on it and it goes, then you have the early premature break...the first type is what it is...bats don't last like the tanks of old. I always tell people, get a BP bat, then your gamer. The second type break, that's the ones I count as bad breaks. I know I have sold like 600 ADVs, and
I have heard of very little of the early breaks. Most were paint cracks when people sent me pics.
Again, your friend can contact me and I will point him to truthful sources...that includes his salesman that visits his store.
Easton would love to talk to him about his info. Im gonna say he wouldnt be doing his job long if it was really an Easton employee
and not just a random rep selling whatever he does just spreading info so that this store buys a diff product from him :)

problem is, people "hear" something second hand by someone and goes on 20 boards with this info, again, not truthful info and then people believe it and they take it and then they post stuff and say, "I heard somewhere" this info...hahaha.
Its like the phone game when people were kids.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
One girl has had a warranty exchange out since October and was told that they wouldn't have a replacement until January. So it's not speculation, this is what we are seeing on the local level.

This also has nothing to do with not warrantying a bat, this means they are out of that size and cant exchange until they get more
in. This happens a few times a year when a certain bat in a certain size sells out completely and they don't have any to give out.
Heck, during these times dealers cant get that size either.

Now, if I was Easton, I would contact a store near her to give her one and then credit the store. But I don't run Easton.
I did this with Mizuno, but they are on a more personal level person to person than the other big manufacturers.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Oh, and WW, that whole store doing the replacements was a complete headache for the store and the manufacturer.
First, they are taking bats off the store's shelf that they cant sell now and the store has to wait a month for a credit or they
send a bat a month later to take the place.
Secondly, lots of shady stuff goes down when stores were doing this. They were warrantying stuff that shouldn't be warrantied
and asking the manufacturer to reimburse them. Lots of friend issues came into play...stores know customers and want to make
them happy and here goes a fake claim to the manufacturer just because the store wants to make the customer or his buddy
happy. Even stores finding broken bats and trying to get returns for them so they can sell the new bat...haha. I knew a store
a long time ago that gave you a few bucks for a broken bat out of warranty that did exactly this.

And you are right, lots of people would blame the store for the bat or not replacing it. Manufacturers needed to take the dealer
out of this process

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
Picked one of these up for DD after going through a ridiculous number of 2020/2021 LXTs. She likes it but ended up back with the LXT (she will go through probably six per year so buy 3; get three warranty replacements). Wish she could get more than a few thousand swings out of a bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06