Gameface in MLB?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
No need for name calling MTR. Sorry if my post offended you. Having a high school senior who plays at the gold level and does not pitch I don't have a dog in your fight. I was wishing the injured player a speedy recovery and hoping a mandate will help for future injuries.

Only the ignorant can be offended by words. "My" fight isn't the equipment, it is the stupidity of those who demand others take responsibility and action that should clearly be that of the parent, guardian or designated responsible adult. I find the number of parents who are afraid to demand their children wear the proper protection and want someone else to make it happen, absolutely disgusting. It is unbelieveable how many grown men I've seen cower at the suggestion they demand their DD wear the equipment or don't let them play.

When adults started wearing masks/helmets and shin guards while pitching SP, I was one of the first people to support them while others laughed. Did these guys/gals need a rule? No, they just did it. I'm all for people protecting themselves and their children. However, I'm not a fan of others sticking their nose into my life or anyone else's.

People throw around words like mandate and really have no idea of the repercussions of such action. You want your child protected, do it and not wait on others to do your job.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Only the ignorant can be offended by words. "My" fight isn't the equipment, it is the stupidity of those who demand others take responsibility and action that should clearly be that of the parent, guardian or designated responsible adult. I find the number of parents who are afraid to demand their children wear the proper protection and want someone else to make it happen, absolutely disgusting. It is unbelieveable how many grown men I've seen cower at the suggestion they demand their DD wear the equipment or don't let them play.

When adults started wearing masks/helmets and shin guards while pitching SP, I was one of the first people to support them while others laughed. Did these guys/gals need a rule? No, they just did it. I'm all for people protecting themselves and their children. However, I'm not a fan of others sticking their nose into my life or anyone else's.

People throw around words like mandate and really have no idea of the repercussions of such action. You want your child protected, do it and not wait on others to do your job.

All righty then...........Fight the good fight my friend.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I got my 10U DD a wilson facemask last year at 8U since they had her at the pitcher spot and she was scared of the ball all of a sudden. She would then stay in her spot and not run from the ball. In one game, she took 3 balls off that mask. She wouldn't have made it past the first one without the mask.

My older DD who was at 14U last spring, was playing short. She was not wearing a mask. Looked like she took a bad bounce to the cheek (wound up being her shoulder, but from my angle looked different). I marched out to the car and got her little sister's mask and made her wear it.

Our compromise, when she started her high school games, was a rip-it mask. She wears it faithfully when she is playing short. She is the only one on her team that wears one. Her teammates have asked her why, and she said that $50 mask is better than a busted up face. Matter of fact, she is one of the only ones I have seen wear one in all the games we have played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors