Florida is swinging the 2020 Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
However, preference matters. Having a bat in your hands that you think will help you hit the ball better WILL help you hit the ball better. Also, if you are getting 1 mph better exit velocity from one bat over another, it becomes a difference-maker for a player who is already banging the ball to the fence. One extra mph puts more balls on the other side of the fence.

To build on that, not even as much with the over the fence part....but that extra mph or a few mph may turn a ground ball that someone gets to, into a single. Or a drive that gets caught is now out of reach and down. Or a single into a gapper by an outfielder.

Reminds me of a quote by the best homerun hitter to ever play in the minor leagues...Crash Davis :)

Know what the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is? It's 25 hits. 25 hits in 500 at bats is 50 points, okay? There's 6 months in a season, that's about 25 weeks. That means if you get just one extra flare a week - just one - a gorp... you get a groundball, you get a groundball with eyes... you get a dying quail, just one more dying quail a week... and you're in Yankee Stadium.

Apr 16, 2013
I think we often forget just how much further ONE mph means. With a softball, it's around 5 feet. If a better product adds 3mph, that's FIFTEEN FEET. On a softball field that's easily the difference between over the fence and out.

Oct 29, 2016
To build on that, not even as much with the over the fence part....but that extra mph or a few mph may turn a ground ball that someone gets to, into a single. Or a drive that gets caught is now out of reach and down. Or a single into a gapper by an outfielder.

Reminds me of a quote by the best homerun hitter to ever play in the minor leagues...Crash Davis :)

Know what the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is? It's 25 hits. 25 hits in 500 at bats is 50 points, okay? There's 6 months in a season, that's about 25 weeks. That means if you get just one extra flare a week - just one - a gorp... you get a groundball, you get a groundball with eyes... you get a dying quail, just one more dying quail a week... and you're in Yankee Stadium.
And I’d suggest as small as that difference sounds, what makes the difference is skill level NOT equipment choice!

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Reynoso was using one also...Adams had actually used a Stealth Flex quite a few times during the season. What I found interesting was that Jordan Matthews had been using a 2014 Mako a lot this season but lastnight she was using a 2018 Ghost.
I’d say not matter what level you are at, you use what in your mind works the best
I was going to ask how many players are still swinging the orange OG mako.

Apr 23, 2017
On amazon now.... but only buy from Core $$$ for the best price and service

Attachments

• 326A39C5-3E78-485D-8000-7DDA56785235.jpeg
    326A39C5-3E78-485D-8000-7DDA56785235.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
My daughter had the first year Flex and it was a hot little bat. This was right before the Ghost came out and Easton became the in-bat. She had some great hits with the Flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes 17 Stealth Flex is a quality bat. Kind of a plain Jane to look at but it has plenty of pop.
I believe most people view it as a bridge bat between the Mako & the Ghost. You can get one for $79. Good bat to add to your bag for that price.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well MB, from what I have been getting from everybody, its the next verson of the ASA Ghost with tweaks.
Talked to a few techies at Easton and also talked to 2 guys fairly high at USSSA that they did adopt the asa fp standard.

So I kinda let leave it at that because I don't have one here to hit yet either but I think that alone is a positive thing.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00