First Collegiate Home Run and Back Story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
So, DD is playing at a D3 school. She is a sophomore. Freshman year was ROUGH. Without getting into all the details, her hitting slump was seemingly unbreakable. NO hits for the entire season. NONE. Batting average of .000. She did great with fielding (1B), but she was so in her own head that she just couldn't break out of it. I honestly thought she would quit the team like 4 or 5 times, but she stuck it out.

This year, it started out rough again. She got that first hit and we thought, thank goodness that's over. Had a hit or two and then right back to slumpsville. I was terrified that she was spiralling down again and we would have a repeat of last season. Then, in one game, she had a double and a triple. Great! But Coach was still only letting her play one game in a doubleheader and pulling her if she struck out. He didn't really do that to anyone else.

So, today, she went 2-4. A walk, a single, another walk, and then a HOME RUN! Her first collegiate home run. I just have to share the video because you can see the joy. And the joy of her teammates. My heart is full today! And I hope the monkey is off her back. It was all mental. She can do it and now she KNOWS she can do it. Please enjoy.

Last edited:
May 20, 2015
those moments of joy are one of the big reasons they do it, or at least should be, and are the reason I love seeing posts like this

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Congrats to your DD!! I absolutely understand your joy and your DD's, kicking that monkey off her back after it's been hanging on and getting heavier with every at bat is huge! When you know they can do it, when they continue with the process and put in the work it's so rewarding to see it pay off! Keep it going kid!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles