Dragging the Field

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We have always used a riding lawn mower with a field dragging thing attached to it to drag our fields. We usually can find someone nice enough to donate an old one.

If we bought something would it make more sense to get an ATV instead of a lawn mower. They seem a lot cheaper and we never use it to mow the grass anyways. It also seems like we could find new and danger Est things to do at the park. We do have a building to lock it into so it will not be going anywhere.

Any thoughts? What do you use?

Jul 6, 2013
I've used both. I prefer a mower, or at least something with turf tires. Atv works well, but I have found, especially with the wet weather this year, that an atv will leave tires marks on a damp infield. May just be our mix of clay and conditioner though. But turf tires definitely makes for a neater job sometimes.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
We are on the poor side of town, hook up the drag to the ole toyota an wear it out! Would definitely go with the atv

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
We use old lawn mower. Have used UTV and ATV and they rut up the infield when turning sharp. I have also found that going too fast does not do as good a job. I would like to have an old bunker rake in the long run.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors