Coach lights one up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Wow, I hate cigarette smoke too, but when I first saw your post, I thought it must be in regard to something that's not legal to smoke. ;-) I had to read it a second time to be sure I was seeing cigarette.

BTW, illegal substance, we're out of there, but if he's a plain old smoker, I'd probably tell DD to just stand upwind whenever possible. Leaving during the season seems like an overreaction to me.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
If he coached my 12u TB team over this weekend, he'd need more then cigarettes and alcohol. That said, just because these kids can drive you to drink, doesn't mean you should, especially in their presence.

-W

Mar 13, 2010
Why?

I wouldn't be impressed and I'd be asking him to stop (I don't think it's professional to be smoking when you're instructing players) Simply put, how long is his practise? Two-three hours? If he can't go that long without a smoke he has a problem.

Jun 21, 2010
Why?

I wouldn't be impressed and I'd be asking him to stop (I don't think it's professional to be smoking when you're instructing players) Simply put, how long is his practise? Two-three hours? If he can't go that long without a smoke he has a problem.

Most people who smoke can't go that long without one. That's why it's called addiction. And yes, he has a problem. He's killing himself slowly.

Sep 3, 2009
If it's against the rules, then mention it to him, and just ask him to take a little break off the field when he feels the need to pound another nail. Pulling your dd is a bad idea. If anything, make it a learning moment for your dd. She'll get more from that, than anything else.

We have the same rules at one of our local parks. There is a HC on one of the teams that will go outside of the dugout for his nails. I've seen him go up to the front of the dugout and give signs to his catcher while puffing away. Ya just gotta sigh...

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Would you be just as offended if the coach had a dip in? Most ex baseball players ( who now coach their DD ) dip. Most of the men on here know what I'm talking about.

Would you also be offended by the 300 pound woman eating a double cheeseburger in front of the girls?

Why don't we ban teenage mothers from the parks, I don't want my DD to see that either.

I don't like smoke, but I think sometimes they get the short end of the stick. There are a lot of 'wrongs' around the girls. On and off the field. I can promise that if you have a teenage boy or girl, they are around smoking at some point. It may not be other softball players but someone in their friend circle smokes. If you don't believe that.......... you're very stupid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA