CLOCKING YOUR DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
It's a running joke that if you want to see my kid throw harder, wait until the pitching coach puts the radar away.
Same here, which is why I wish I would have gotten her used to it early in her development so it would be no big deal to her later.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
CLOCK everyone's overhand throwing speed.
Goals and Achievements! 👍

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
A gun is merely a tool. Do you only pull out your hammer or level every few months on construction jobs?

If you ain't measurin, you ain't making it :cool:

Use it to:
Check variances of grip speeds
Check if a technique is faster
Check if she is getting tired
Check periodic progress
And #1, see if your high paid instructor is making her faster

May 27, 2013
I, myself, only clocked dd a handful of times. Her pitching coaches earlier in her career didn’t clock her, either. Current pitching coach would clock her once in a while to get a good idea of FB/CU differential. He always was more focused on spin which was why we switched to him.

Oct 4, 2018
Clocked her tonight in the yard. It was 53, consistently. Her PR in games is 53.

Now we take off 6 weeks or so, and work on conditioning, weight training and rec basketball. We'll measure again in 6-7 weeks. Curious to see what it will be.

Mar 10, 2020
How often do you guys clock your DD pitching? Haven't had the pocket radar very long and have just played around with it clocking overhand throws on both of us and getting a base line on some exit velocities. Taking a little break from pitching. I want to clock her enough to keep her from tightening up whenever a pitching coach or college coach pulls out a radar, but not so much that speed is the only focus. Looking for suggestions on how others use the radar as a tool for improvement. Thanks
Clocked pitching weekly.
Emotion and mental focus was hardest to measure.
At 16 all came together.
Longest no throwing at all break two weeks.
Stretching never stops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles