Canz game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
512I-S-i4XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

$17 on Amazon.

Might be worth cutting up and experimenting with?

-W

Jul 26, 2010
They look a lot like the "gyroball" toy that came out of Japan a while back, that supposedly triggered the rise of the "gyroball" pitch in baseball. It's a bullet spin fastball. I'm not sure doing anything in softball, underhand, or overhand, that promotes bullet spin is a good idea. . . however, it seems you can throw these canz sideways for drop balls or rise balls?

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Off the top of my head, I will just use Juggs Lite softballs or some other toy ball. I got the basket at the grocery store. I can use it whether I make the top or not.

I am thinking of setting it at a base and having a line of girls field the ball and toss underhand into it. (Like, when they are too close to throw overhand.)

Jul 26, 2010
I found some balls at Toys R Us once that were about the size of softballs, but they were foam. They came in a pack of 3 and were labeled from a MLB team. When my daughter was young she used to pitch these in the hallway to a mirror. Worked better then balled up socks because it'd roll back most of the way to her.

-W

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Looks to me like something SP players have been doing for years, tossing empty beer cans a trash can at the ballfield.

Yeah, I can see where this can come in handy in training future adult softball players. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie