Brag Session

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Our rec league opening day was delayed because of poor field conditions after the rain so DD and I have been going steer crazy. Saturday finally came and first game of the season was finally here. DD was definitely ready for it. First time at bat in her first game and she slammed a 3 run home run. You have to understand DD can hit but runs like a slug. Her team had that pitchers number and they finished the game 16-7 us. DD had 2 more ups at bat and grounded out both times at first. One was a solid hit but just had a great play by the 3rd basemen, the other was a slow roller to the pitcher. She caught 2 innings and had no errors. DD and pitcher combo allowed 0 runs, DD has become one of the top catchers in our league and we are so proud of her.

Sorry for the rant, feel free to chime in and let us know how your DD did this weekend

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Had a inter club scrimmage yesterday on the first real nice day this year weather wise.

The girls were so happy to be outside. They beat the crap out of each other on the field literally and laughed about it off the field. Something about bragging rights. Reminds me Im out of ice packs.

Such good young ladies/athletes. makes me feel blessed to coach them.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hey, Bchbum! I'm glad to hear that your DD had a good opening day. I know she has worked hard to get there.

I wish I could say the same. While warming up our pitcher before our game, my DD took a hard pitch off the base of her thumb the ONE TIME she wasn't wearing her EvoShield thumb protector. From there, things became a mess. My DD is our lead-off batter, but she couldn't grip the bat very well with her left hand, and struck out on 3 pitches from a very fast pitcher. Behind the plate, she couldn't squeeze her mitt closed very well, and had a lot of D3Ks that she wasn't able to throw out. She caught 2 innings, and made a couple of good plays, but overall, it wasn't great. At bat, she went 0-for-2 with 2Ks and a BB. Our second pitcher gave up one too many BBs and HBPs in the final inning, and we lost 12-13.

I'm hoping to have a better story after Wednesday's game...

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Sure I'll piggy back.

DD 1 went 2-3 w 4 RBI in 16-6 route.

DD 2 - 9 year old 1st time with no coach pitch to bail her out from walks. 2 IP, 6 Ks, 1 R. Only 3 BBs, including 1st 2 of the game but struck out 5 straight at one point. Only 2 weak grounder hit off her. Very nice 1st outing. Only dower we lost 6-4.

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks for sharing! I am humbled to say that my DD had a great weekend as well. Perhaps broke a couple of records. I mean she watched the HECK out of that television. She was really in the zone. Total focus. :)

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Ha ha! I could say the same about my DD and Vampire Diaries. She will take you down if you dare talk during Vampire Diaries.

DD's team had a very nice showing in this weekend's friendly (16A round robin). They had a combined total of 10 home runs (over the fence), spread out amongst most of the team. They've been working very hard all winter in private and team lessons and it was nice to see all of their hard work pay off.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hey, Bchbum! I'm glad to hear that your DD had a good opening day. I know she has worked hard to get there.

I wish I could say the same. While warming up our pitcher before our game, my DD took a hard pitch off the base of her thumb the ONE TIME she wasn't wearing her EvoShield thumb protector. From there, things became a mess.... we lost 12-13.

I'm hoping to have a better story after Wednesday's game...

Sorry to hear about that. Its still early in the season, plenty of time to get going. Like they say "its not how you start but how you finish."

I hope you let us know how she does on Wednesday. Softball is the greatest soap opera, you can wait till the next one starts

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
While warming up our pitcher before our game, my DD took a hard pitch off the base of her thumb the ONE TIME she wasn't wearing her EvoShield thumb protector.
Ouch. She's worked so hard in the off-season to get hurt in pregame warmups 1st game stinks. Hopefully it's just a minor sprain and heals quickly.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ouch. She's worked so hard in the off-season to get hurt in pregame warmups 1st game stinks. Hopefully it's just a minor sprain and heals quickly.

We made a trip to our local urgent care facility yesterday to get it checked out. Thankfully, it's just a bruise, and nothing is broken or torn. Advil and heat are on the menu for the next few days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA