Anyone have any information on Fastpitchscoutingreport.com?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One of our parents came across this website after doing a google search on a players name. Was just curious if anyone on here was familiar with it. They have a top 100 list of players, but not sure where their pool of players is coming from.

Top 10 | Fastpitch Scouting Report

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
$299 and then I read "Refunds are not issued"

Hours of entertainment though with 100 skills video to watch. Thanks for the link.

Not sure how the rankings are picked or maybe that's extra above the $299. :) The girls from TN, I know the teams, never heard of or seen those pitchers. Their other pitchers have/will sign this month, so i assume this is #3-5 who are now in line for exposure. Never heard of the high schools they go to, so they must be a one man show.

Tell you what, I'll do it for $250. Send me video and info and I'll say all the right things with a non bias report. BUT WAIT, order now and you'll get a second evaluation for half price.

*plus shipping and handling, other fees may apply

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Hey, you know it can't be any good, my 2017 DGD is not even listed in the top 100 let alone being #1.:)

I would imagine the pool is very limited, especially at the $$$ they are charging. Just think of the thousands of ladies they don't evaluate.

I watched some of the skills videos as GOINGDEEP mentioned and I was entertained but not impressed.

Just save the money, have the player write to schools she is interested, make her own skills video, and hopefully she can play for a good organization that will help promote her. And by all means, keep her grades up!!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Seems like a lot of the players in their Top 100 are 'uncommitted'! LOL I will have to say that my DD's team did face Emily Soles (#5 on the list) this past weekend and she is damn good!

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
My daughter has done two of their showcases. She currently is in the top 100 listed on their site. She was invited to participate in his "All-American" game in Akron back in August with the NPF Racers and Bandits. Unfortunately it was rained out so they didn't get to do much. It was kind of nice for the girls to hang out with pros but would have been better if they got to play the games in ideal conditions. Other than the weather, the event was run very well. Lots of support from the NPF Akron Racers.

I don't think anyone thinks the players listed in the top 100 are the top 100 players in the country. These are the top 100 players that have gone through Mark's showcases. The fact that they are not yet committed should also be no surprise. These are girls that are looking for exposure.

As far as the unbiased evaluation, you do get that. You may not like or agree with what he says, but he is consistent. All the girls on the site were evaluated by the same person using the same drills and same criteria. So you can use that ranking for what it is worth. As with anything the more you get seen by someone the more chances you have to impress them.

We did the skills video portion the first time. It turned out OK, but the biggest benefit was getting more looks. Oh... I almost forgot, Mark does a good job of marketing his site and players. He also invites coaches to the showcases. The one my daughter attended in the summer had about 7 coaches watching the session. He gives them all a nice packet with the player information, etc. The coaches were around for the main session as well as the video sessions. The main sessions have about 30 players and the video sessions have only 10 players.

For the record my daughter has also done several other events not sponsored by colleges. I think in Michigan we did the Paramount Scouting event, and at Colorado there was another event. Some of these events are better than others. Some of them aren't worth the effort. I do like the FSR website and how it has improved over time.

So for $150 for the showcase or $299 for the video AND showcase I felt it was worth it. We have had several colleges view her evaluation on their site and his videos. No offers yet... but we are still early.

Your experience may vary!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd