10u dd pitching....what do you guys think????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
She pitches extremely well! With her size and with the heat she brings, just be sure to have a copy of her birth certificate on you at all times at tourneys!!! :) Great job!

Dec 21, 2011
We had our first tournament here recently. DD got to pitch 12 innings and recorded 29 k's. We won the tournament and faced some very solid teams. I can't believe how far she has come in such a short time. One proud dad right here!!

Last edited:
May 22, 2012
We had our first tournament here recently. DD got to pitch 12 innings and recorded 29 k's. We won the tournament and faced some very solid teams. I can't believe how far she has come in such a short time. One proud dad right here!!

congrats! Any new video? She throws hard!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
She is 5'4" 128 pounds. Pretty big for a 10u. And she is always growing at a ridiculous rate. She is extremely strong for her age. She almost hit a ball over a 220" fence last year at ASA state at 9y/o. Just really proud of her. She loves the game and works really hard.

I know this thread is about pitching, which looks great BTW, but if your DD is 10, is 5'4" 128 lbs, and hits for power WHY are you trying to switch her to hitting from the left? How fast is she? Unless she is blindingly fast, I would continue working with her as a power hitter from the right hand side.

Dec 21, 2011
I know this thread is about pitching, which looks great BTW, but if your DD is 10, is 5'4" 128 lbs, and hits for power WHY are you trying to switch her to hitting from the left? How fast is she? Unless
she is blindingly fast, I would continue working with her as a power hitter from the right hand side.

She is really fast Jad and we originally switched her because she wasn't hitting the ball from the right side. She is right eye dominant and that favors the left side. I think her original coach was thinking slapper, but a month into switching she was doing extremely well for a 8y/o. I have no doubt, that switching her for batting was the right move.

No new video for now SP39. I'll get some more up soon. Thanks for all of your replys.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I'm guessing that's about 50mph, and at 35'... that's a tall order! She's a beast! I did notice she could get a touch more front side resistance and is leaning forward a bit at release. But for being so new, she's outstanding. Keep it up, and post more video clips soon!

Dec 21, 2011
Will do Coach James. This video was from about three months ago. But you are right, she does lean. Her pitching coach and I are working to correct the problem. These new pitchers can be stubborn sometimes. She is in the 50's as far as speed with a top speed of....well....let's just say pretty fast for a 10u girl..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55