10u dd pitching....what do you guys think????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 21, 2011
Hi. I've posed a few times on the hitting side of this site. My girl is 10 and this is her 3rd year of 10u travel ball. We have been working hard on switching her from a right handed batter to a lefty over the past two years and she has been asking to learn to pitch so I figured why not. She works hard, she has earned it. We started pitching in August and she just took to it. Almost like she has been doing it for years. Good speed hits locations most of the time. What do you guys think? All I know is I am one proud dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kc0NUvb37A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well I am going to approach this response from two different directions.

1. Man she looks real good....keep it up!!!!

2. What took you so long to recognize she could be this talented?........:)

Seriously, for a 10U that is some very good pitching!

Dec 21, 2011
The hitting coach we go to is a father/mother team. The dad is the hitting coach and the mom is the pitching coach. My girl would just sit and study what the pitching coach would teach while waiting to hit. Around July last year my daughter was in the hitting cage just playing around pretending to be a pitcher and she unleashed a missile. The batting coach and I just looked at each other. That's when we I noticed.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
that is so scary good. The way she walks back to the mound and talks about how she "needs to work on my fastball"... The confidence and sheer athleticism is striking. She's got it....the biggest worry I would have is not coaching anything out of her.

and in case you don't know- Rick Pauley is one of the premier pitching coaches in the Friggin world!! so when you give her the board feedback, make sure she knows that it comes from both ends of the spectrum, run of the mill bucket dads (me) to world renowned coaches (Rick)...Ken is somewhere in between :)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2011
Actually that is a girl on our team and her mom that you hear in the background. My girl doesn't talk much when she is pitching. She really takes this stuff serious for a 10u girl. I just give the signs, and she does her best to make it happen. She has a really good change up also that we have been working on this off season.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Actually that is a girl on our team and her mom that you hear in the background. My girl doesn't talk much when she is pitching. She really takes this stuff serious for a 10u girl. I just give the signs, and she does her best to make it happen. She has a really good change up also that we have been working on this off season.

oh...in that case...she sucks. Just kidding, the athleticism and confidence in her walk is great. It's a hard thing to define but I know it when I see it, she is sooooo confident in her body language, let's put it this way....I have conversations with my daughter trying to teach what your DD does perfectly naturally regarding concentration and body language. really good stuff. I'm betting she mows them down in 10U.

Dec 21, 2011
She did very good last fall with only a month of pitching lessons. I'm really looking forward to this spring. She had gained about 5mph and has developed a change up. Thank you for the kind words. My dd is really getting a kick out of all this!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2011
She is 5'4" 128 pounds. Pretty big for a 10u. And she is always growing at a ridiculous rate. She is extremely strong for her age. She almost hit a ball over a 220" fence last year at ASA state at 9y/o. Just really proud of her. She loves the game and works really hard.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug