When you're used to being a catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 11, 2023
LMFAO, I saw a keeper "block" goals this past year. It took a minute for me to figure out what was happening but refused to catch anything on her frame. I don't recommend saving like a catcher. Pretty easy to concede a goal on the deflection at worst and get kicked at best. HA!

I also saw a hockey goalie show up for softball tryouts and did a kicksave in blocking drills.

Always interesting to see other movement patterns show up from other sports.

Jan 20, 2023
Haha I was playing basketball with my daughter this week and the accuracy of my half court one handed passes and shots surprised her. I did play water polo in college. Too bad I couldn’t get the grip to back hand the basketball- I did try.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I had something similar the other night. My fiancee and I live off campus now that we're both officially graduated, academically (I still have a year of playing eligibility left). I was making us a tuna cassarole for dinner and I asked him to toss me the cream of mushroom soup, tuna, and bread crumbs. I did that same goalie hand movement to catch each of the items. We had a good laugh about it. Of course, it didn't help he had to be a smartypants afterwards.

May 27, 2013
I had something similar the other night. My fiancee and I live off campus now that we're both officially graduated, academically (I still have a year of playing eligibility left). I was making us a tuna cassarole for dinner and I asked him to toss me the cream of mushroom soup, tuna, and bread crumbs. I did that same goalie hand movement to catch each of the items. We had a good laugh about it. Of course, it didn't help he had to be a smartypants afterwards.
How’s med school going?

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

An 8-year-long commitment to the bit is honestly just impressive at this point.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Gabby. Your posts always make me smile. I remember when you were coming here looking for advice as a HS kid. One of the few players we ever had here who stuck around.

And now you’re graduated, engaged and an adult. Congrats on your engagement. How did the tuna casserole turn out? Instead of the breadcrumbs we use the fried crispy onions on top.

May 13, 2023
When you're used to being a catcher and you also play second base...
getting to that deep grounder up the middle in the dirt,
the play is made easier by the muscle memory to throw from our knees!

*imo the entire defense should be taught to throw from our knees!

IMG_4863.jpg
IMG_4862.jpg
IMG_4861.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles