What is a foul ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
The foul "arc" in front of the T makes sense in T ball. Basically, it's there so that if the kid accidently bumps the ball off the T, or maybe hits the T instead of the ball and the ball rolls a few feet, then the hit is considered a foul and not counted as a hit. It's also there to ensure there is no "bunting" in T-ball.

Remember, T-ball exists so that the young kids can have a lot of fun while learning softball/baseball skills, it's not really designed as a hard-core sport.

-W

Oct 31, 2010
I'm looking forward to t-ball again. I have a 2 year old and I have already caught myself looking at bats for him! I keep telling myself, not yet it's still too soon haha.

Feb 26, 2011
Remember, T-ball exists so that the young kids can have a lot of fun while learning softball/baseball skills, it's not really designed as a hard-core sport.
-W

Some of the parents in our comp could do with reading that, I know the kids have to learn the rules etc but the way some parents react you'd think we were playing the world series

Apr 15, 2010
No kidding; yesterday in a local softball forum I read the following posting about composite bats: "my son plays baseball and at 6u, they banned his bat, $180 down the drain". The concept of a $180 bat in 6u blows my mind.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Some of the parents in our comp could do with reading that, I know the kids have to learn the rules etc but the way some parents react you'd think we were playing the world series

I hear you. I'm the 7u (tball) division director for our rec league, and I'm also the 12u head coach for our travel program. Sometimes it seems that the t-ball parents are more competitive then the TB parents. Luckily I'm in a good place to offer them comparisons and have on several occasions brought one of my travel players to speak and share their experiences when they were in t-ball. What they remember was not the competition, the rules, or even the learning, but the experience of playing with other girls and all the fun that they had.

I have girls that never played t-ball or even played softball until they were 10, and they have no handicap and in some cases are better players then the girls that were playing since they were 4. Playing T-ball isn't going to make girls better players in the end, but it is going to be a lot of fun and fill their lives with great memories.

-W

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I hear you. I'm the 7u (tball) division director for our rec league, and I'm also the 12u head coach for our travel program. Sometimes it seems that the t-ball parents are more competitive then the TB parents. Luckily I'm in a good place to offer them comparisons and have on several occasions brought one of my travel players to speak and share their experiences when they were in t-ball. What they remember was not the competition, the rules, or even the learning, but the experience of playing with other girls and all the fun that they had.

I have girls that never played t-ball or even played softball until they were 10, and they have no handicap and in some cases are better players then the girls that were playing since they were 4. Playing T-ball isn't going to make girls better players in the end, but it is going to be a lot of fun and fill their lives with great memories.

-W

Its because at the youngest ages, the possibility is still endless. Everyone thinks that with a little work their kid can be a star. After a season, most have it figured out. My kid is not the next Al Kaline. So the expectations become, more grounded.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm looking forward to t-ball again. I have a 2 year old and I have already caught myself looking at bats for him! I keep telling myself, not yet it's still too soon haha.

My 14U DD is looking forward to coaching her little sister's team. Poor baby is doomed, she just turned 1 and already has a coach. LOL!
Can you read the ad already "2010 looking to field a team in 3 or 4 years. Walkers preferred, but crawlers are welcome as well."

No kidding; yesterday in a local softball forum I read the following posting about composite bats: "my son plays baseball and at 6u, they banned his bat, $180 down the drain". The concept of a $180 bat in 6u blows my mind.

Holy smokes!! Why would you pay that much money for a bat to beat to bits all over the dugout. My 5 y/o has 2 bats. I have paid a total of $20. He will get better bats when he is less destructive with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan