What a wierd dream last night!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
You know you are in way too deep into softball when you dream about the sport and the people in softball. My dream was scattered as most are. I remember being on a school bus with one of DD's former female coaches and we were at a big National type of tourney. I look back at her and she has a mustache! What? You have facial hair! But I was cool and made sure to not to point it out as I was being polite. But that thick brown stache! I also remember thinking it was odd that she was there since she decided to stop coaching which is a primary reason her team had to shut down. Why are you at this tourney? How are you coaching a team? At that's all I remember.

The next part of my dream I was looking at used cars and next thing you know I was talking to the Duke HC Marissa Young. We were looking at a Ford Explorer and it's dealer info. It said it was from Michigan so we talked about that it could have salt deposits on the under carriage. I don't even know if that is a thing anymore. Side Note: When I was a kid I remember seeing alot of cars coming into Texas because of Michigan's poor job outlook. They had Michigan plates and the under carriages were rusting out. So Coach Young and I were trying to figure out which cars to look at while that Ford was a No Go.

I have never had any communication with Coach Young other than seeing her at the Head First Honor Roll Camp back in 2016. Do these dreams mean that I spend too much time thinking about softball and too much time on this forum?

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
What the heck did you eat before going to bed last night??

So, mustaches in dreams symbolize leadership, success, praise, etc., whether it is a woman or a man who is sporting one. So maybe you held this former coach in high regard, and your dream gave her a mustache to symbolize that?

The rusted cars and Coach Young are interesting...I interpret that as you having a negative view or distrust of either her or Duke in general. They may present themselves as good on the outside, but a little digging reveals the flaws.

That will be $5 please.

Dec 11, 2010
I often google my superbly weird dreams.

I dreamed I was on my daughters college team once. Which is weird for lot of reasons, 1) I’m a fiftysomething dude, 2) I’m not even a little bit good at softball.

Recent one: I was taking a shower and washing my hair while driving a car. The shower head was where the rear view mirror should be. The Google was baffled by that one, lol!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
What the heck did you eat before going to bed last night??

So, mustaches in dreams symbolize leadership, success, praise, etc., whether it is a woman or a man who is sporting one. So maybe you held this former coach in high regard, and your dream gave her a mustache to symbolize that?

The rusted cars and Coach Young are interesting...I interpret that as you having a negative view or distrust of either her or Duke in general. They may present themselves as good on the outside, but a little digging reveals the flaws.

That will be $5 please.
Wow! That is pretty interesting. I respected DD's former coach. She is a fine young lady, and was always good to my DD. As for Duke. IDK. DD's friend attends Duke as a NARP. That is my only real connection other then former DFP contributor JAD DD's pitching there. JAD helped us along the way by sending me Profile Templates and the idea for postcards.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Wow! That is pretty interesting. I respected DD's former coach. She is a fine young lady, and was always good to my DD. As for Duke. IDK. DD's friend attends Duke as a NARP. That is my only real connection other then former DFP contributor JAD DD's pitching there. JAD helped us along the way by sending me Profile Templates and the idea for postcards.

If I recall correctly, JAD's daughter's Duke experience started great and ended not so great and was discussed on here at the time, including issues with the coach. So maybe some of that seeped back into your subconscious last night?

Either that or you've got to stop eating gas station corn dogs after 10PM.

Jun 8, 2016
I am usually yelling at someone in my dreams which needs minimal interpretation if you know me…

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles