Washing dinghy white sublimated jersey tops

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2020
DD’s both have same uniforms. They are sublimated white jerseys. Our oldest is a catcher so hers are just so dinghy and nasty looking. I soak them in white out and laundry detergent but her oldest one just looks disgusting and I can’t get it clean. Any recommendations? I have seen on other forums about Iron Out but wasn’t sure if it would work on the type of jersey. It’s thinner and the pinstripes and logo everything is sublimated onto it. Thanks for any help!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The best thing I've found is to take them to the do it yourself carwash, hang them with the car floor mat clips and pressure wash them. Then take Fels-Naptha soap, scrub the heck out of them, put them in the washer with Clorox color safe bleach and wash them on the White setting. It's the only thing I've ever found that has worked and it's also the reason I won't order white or grey uniforms for my team any longer.

Oct 2, 2020
Thanks! We used to have white pants to and it was a pain! We got the director away from those but not the white jerseys lol hopefully next season or the one after, we can go back to something not white!

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Disclaimer: I don't usually do the laundry

However, DW and several mom's on DD's team have been raving about the new Dawn Powerwash. DW says she doesn't have to go to the car wash anymore. She previously has an elaborate system that involved 24hrs soaking in a bucket, pretreating, car wash....
1620137063175.png

May 6, 2015
head of our org picked a white pants as our second pants, luckily HC says he is "saving" them for "special occassions", to the great relief of all parents and girls on the team. probably wear then on elimination day at states and nationals, probably it, have not worn them so far 25 games in.

will keep dawn powerwash in mind when he does finally have them wear them.

Oct 2, 2020
Disclaimer: I don't usually do the laundry

However, DW and several mom's on DD's team have been raving about the new Dawn Powerwash. DW says she doesn't have to go to the car wash anymore. She previously has an elaborate system that involved 24hrs soaking in a bucket, pretreating, car wash....
View attachment 21960
I will try this too! I bought color safe bleach this morning but may try this!

Dec 6, 2019
Oxyclean. We use the pretreat spray, then soak in Oxyclean solution in sink before washing, and also add Oxyclean to washer. Like new every time.

Oct 2, 2020
Oxyclean. We use the pretreat spray, then soak in Oxyclean solution in sink before washing, and also add Oxyclean to washer. Like new every time.
I have tried this in the past and it didn’t work well for me. I will have to try it again! Currently trying the Dawn powerwash and color safe bleach 🤞🏻 It doesn’t jack them up! Which would be my luck!

Dec 15, 2019
DW uses Murphy's Oil Soap on them. Yes, the floor cleaner.
I believe she has also used OxyClean in the past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles