Useless hitting gadget, November 2020 edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm *NOT* advocating use of this device. I wanted to hear some thoughts.

So, this device is from "Sports Innovations". The training video shows the hitter rotating her leg and hitting the black flag of the device, knocking down the arm.

Here is the facebook page which contains a video of the device in use: https://www.facebook.com/sportsinnovationsllc/

What do you think?

Attachments

• gadget.JPG
    gadget.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 44
Apr 28, 2014
Seems odd.
Our organization uses the instructo swing trainer and its worked wonders for us.
Some people think it's a gimmick so to each their own.

Dec 5, 2017
I'm *NOT* advocating use of this device. I wanted to hear some thoughts.

So, this device is from "Sports Innovations". The training video shows the hitter rotating her leg and hitting the black flag of the device, knocking down the arm.

Here is the facebook page which contains a video of the device in use: https://www.facebook.com/sportsinnovationsllc/

What do you think?
I saw that same video and thought it was goofy at best, promoting squish the bug at worst.

Aug 24, 2018
DDs hitting coach uses a heavy punching bag to give her the feel of staying in her legs. If she doesn't get a full hip turn or stands up in her swing, her knee doesn't touch the bag. I guess this is trying to accomplish the same thing, but it seems very high. Also, looks like it may promote pushing the leg into the device rather than just a physical queue of a full hip turn

Feb 3, 2016
I think check swings off of a tee with oversight or at least in conjunction with a mirror would be sufficient to work on the turn. New gadgets at least get you thinking about better ways.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
I’m a gadget junkie but that does not trip my trigger at all.

I‘m seeing a flood of ads on fb for “The Hitting Disk”. Every video they show has the rear elbow ahead of the hands and looks like a “here’s what bat drag looks like” demonstration.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I’m a gadget junkie but that does not trip my trigger at all.

I‘m seeing a flood of ads on fb for “The Hitting Disk”. Every video they show has the rear elbow ahead of the hands and looks like a “here’s what bat drag looks like” demonstration.
Cant imagine how many arent paying attention to things like you've pointed out.
Plus those that dont know what to look for.
Oh my!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr