USA gets swept by Japan

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I guess USA had a tough go vs Japan. I'm not sure exaxtly what the roster for USA looked like but it looks like alot of current college players.

This is not the same team from the WBSC World Cup, though there was some roster overlap.

First image is the World Cup roster. Second is the Japan All-Star Series roster. The first roster is... a lot better.
1720667602963.png
1720667639342.png

Oct 14, 2019
Anybody seen how bad Alo looks in Athletes Unlimited and against Japan? It's eye opening.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Anybody seen how bad Alo looks in Athletes Unlimited and against Japan? It's eye opening.

LOL, what? Alo finished in 2nd place for the AUX season. She was amazing, a captain at one point, and finished 6 points behind Bubba Nickles for the overall lead.

She batted .388/.500/.944 with 6 home runs (led the league) and 12 RBI. She only struck out 4 times in 36 at bats.

I have no idea how she did against Japan, but to say she was bad in the AUX games might be the most wrong statement ever uttered on this board.

Oct 14, 2019
LOL, what? Alo finished in 2nd place for the AUX season. She was amazing, a captain at one point, and finished 6 points behind Bubba Nickles for the overall lead.

She batted .388/.500/.944 with 6 home runs (led the league) and 12 RBI. She only struck out 4 times in 36 at bats.

I have no idea how she did against Japan, but to say she was bad in the AUX games might be the most wrong statement ever uttered on this board.
Japan series:

7/4. 0-4. 3K.
7/6. 2-4. 2K.
7/8. 0-1. 1k.

Alo had 6 of Team USA's 14 strikeouts against Japan. LOL, what?

Admittedly, I watched very few of the AUX games. There's just not much juice in those games. But the 2 I saw Alo was ineffective and struck out a number of times. She was bad against the offspeed pitch and argued several called third strikes. No doubt correlated to the level of pitching she was facing. Can't remember who was pitching.

Can't argue with your numbers but against top level pitching she looked decidedly average. You could probably say that about most players, I admit. But to the eye test in my limited sample size, she didn't look like college Alo. So yeah, I'm sticking with she looked bad when I saw her.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Japan series:

7/4. 0-4. 3K.
7/6. 2-4. 2K.
7/8. 0-1. 1k.

Alo had 6 of Team USA's 14 strikeouts against Japan. LOL, what?

Admittedly, I watched very few of the AUX games. There's just not much juice in those games. But the 2 I saw Alo was ineffective and struck out a number of times. She was bad against the offspeed pitch and argued several called third strikes. No doubt correlated to the level of pitching she was facing. Can't remember who was pitching.

Can't argue with your numbers but against top level pitching she looked decidedly average. You could probably say that about most players, I admit. But to the eye test in my limited sample size, she didn't look like college Alo. So yeah, I'm sticking with she looked bad when I saw her.

I specifically said I had no idea how she did in the Japan games.

She was one of the best players in the entire AUX season. She had the most stat points of any player (so she wasn't just at the top of the leaderboard because her team won a lot).

I guess you saw the one game where she struck out twice and based everything on that. She did that in college a few times, too.

Oct 14, 2019
I based it on what I saw compared to what I saw in the past. But obviously she's had an amazing career. I believe she was added to the USA roster. I wish her the best.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Admittedly, I watched very few of the AUX games. There's just not much juice in those games. But the 2 I saw Alo was ineffective and struck out a number of times. She was bad against the offspeed pitch and argued several called third strikes.
This, to me, is simply acknowledging observation about a player that was expected to not strike out, and have better ability to make adjustment on the offspeed pitch.
Then to see her arguing Balls and Strikes probably emphasized the performance issue she had in those games! Especially if those were called third strikes yikes!
( if I had watched her argue balls and strikes would say her personal performance frustration emerged)

Can't argue with your numbers but against top level pitching she looked decidedly average.
Again good observational feedback. JayW brought up some good points that could have been discussed had others seen the performance.
Perhaps video would have been helpful in that conversation, as it seems others did not see those games. Nor did I.

For me any player that's going to argue with the Umpire about Balls and Strikes needs a lesson on how to use their bat...
even if it's alo!
Maybe she learned that now!
Aka= that her using the bat probably would have had a better outcome than using her opinion calling balls and strikes!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach