Unofficial visit question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2021
I want to take my daughter on a visit or two this summer so she can see what the different schools and programs are like. I know that the new recruiting rules prevent D1 coaches from communicating with potential recruits until their Junior year, so how do you get access and a look around the softball facilities? Also without the communication how do the coaches know that a potential player took the time to come by and learn about the program?

Jul 22, 2015
I want to take my daughter on a visit or two this summer so she can see what the different schools and programs are like. I know that the new recruiting rules prevent D1 coaches from communicating with potential recruits until their Junior year, so how do you get access and a look around the softball facilities? Also without the communication how do the coaches know that a potential player took the time to come by and learn about the program?
I'd speak to admissions/recruiters for the school, not the softball program. Ask about getting access to the facilities because you're interested in that as well. Afterwards just be sure to email the coach and let them know you were there and are still interested. Of course, also see if there are camps she can attend at the school. There are some strange rules that sometimes allow certain types of communication at certain times so you may need to investigate that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad