Tryouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
as in ' we may only need 1 or 2 players, and will invite select few to come practice with our team and see if it works" OR it's literally 1-2 girls trying out, running drills solo, etc.

Jun 18, 2024
as in ' we may only need 1 or 2 players, and will invite select few to come practice with our team and see if it works" OR it's literally 1-2 girls trying out, running drills solo, etc.
Good question. Ad just said private tryouts for that age group but rest of the program lists days and times.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
What does it mean when a team only posts “private tryouts?”
Ask the coach who posted it. And ask what the position is of the one or two players they're looking for.
Vague leaves question marks.

( have encountered people posting private but it was a group workout and or was in a facility and or it was one player with the team. Obviously all those break anonymity)

If you're interested in that team nice they have their practice times. Go check those out for a look see!

Apr 1, 2017
I always read that as the team has 1 or 2 spots available, and they aren't interested in posting "tryout at 7pm on Tuesday", where 30 players show up. Maybe the team reaches out, or the 'private tryout' post includes an email/text so players can contact the team about interest.

Jun 21, 2019
It means you come one, two at a time vs the 30 player cattle call. Both sides kind of vet beforehand so nobody is just wasting their time. As a player/Parent you would probably prefer this instead of hoping to stand out out of 50 people. It's not a bad thing.
This is exactly why I would post for a private tryout in the later years of my team. I only needed a player or two. I would always add the positions I was looking for. I didn't like wasting the parents and players time if we didn't have spots available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl