thoughts on bat choice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2012
NJ
DD will be 13 this year and small for her age. Thanks to a growth spurt last yr, we are now about 4'10 and almost 90lbs. I have decided to move out of the lightweight bats for this season (white and yellow Synge) and got her an Easton CV 12 31" (free from a friend) to swing over the winter and early spring. Thinking of getting her the FS 1 in 31" for a game bat. Would like to hear feedback from people who have DD's that are swinging the FS 1's and what they think of them. Do they get hotter with use? Should we be looking for something else?

Mar 29, 2012
I think 31" may be a little to big. At 4' 10" I would go with a 30", my DD just moved to a 31" she is 5' even.

Also keep in mind that the eastons often run heavy, anywhere form.5-1 oz over sticker.

May 8, 2012
NJ
Should have mentioned that we are a slapper this year...sorry. We were swinging a 31" Synge at the end of last year, so just stayed with the same length and went to the lower drop. After swinging the -10 over the offseason, we have our bat speed back up to where we need it for our power slaps and swing aways. Perhaps we can borrow a 30" -10 to see what we look like. Something I will consider, but we look like we are handling the 31" -10 pretty good. Thanks for the input. We will give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck