This past weekend.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
I saw a girl get kicked off a team during a tournament because she was cussing…Next day, she showed up with another team. I thought, great, this girl will never learn..sad part, she was actually a really good ball player who had tons of potential if she gets her attitude in check.

Jun 11, 2013
Maybe some random roster checks might be in order at some of these tournaments. The problem is that what can you do if you
catch them? No TD is going to throw them out when they are paying 450+ a tournament.

Sep 29, 2014
Maybe some random roster checks might be in order at some of these tournaments. The problem is that what can you do if you
catch them? No TD is going to throw them out when they are paying 450+ a tournament.

Well it depends, if you don't have a written and posted roster policy when they sign up for the tournament then you CAN'T do anything.

If you have a "player may only be rostered for and play on one team at the tournament" policy send them packing and keep the money. You will probably actually get more teams to sign up for your tournament when they find out you enforce the rules and won't tolerate cheaters

Sep 4, 2015
Georgia
I've only seen this happen when a player is injured at the tournament and they have to be replaced at the last minute. But just picking up random players to win is pathetic. I can't believe parents would let their kids do that while paying players sit.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I am pretty sure I've seen this around here before also. At one tournament a few years ago I think the "guest player" was even wearing a jersey with an injured girls name and number on it. The whole thing was pretty sketchy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl