Softball and Vacation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
While my wife is very, very tolerant how much softball is a part of our lives with two DDs, this almost put her over the edge. We were all on vacation and my oldest DD and I had the job of going to the store and getting the groceries. Well along the way we saw some girl's practicing softball and we were only going to stop for a minute. The next thing you know she is down on the field throwing soft toss and working with the girls throwing etc. Two hours later we had the groceries back to the condo. But it is a two hours l will never forget. All my wife said is "I saw the softball field the other day and I should have known".

From Cruz Bay, St. John.

IMG_0841.jpg IMG_0842.jpgIMG_0843.jpg

Nov 14, 2011
Awesome story! We took a vacation late last year and my wife saw a softball complex and said "we should have brought our gear with us". I was floored! I guess that is why they call the wife "the better half".

Jealous of your vacation location BTW! Enjoy!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have pictures of my DD pitching on the beach from our HHI vacation........does that qualify me as a psycho softball dad? And to top it off, my DW gets on to us if we don't do it!!!!

Jul 26, 2010
That's a great story!

I never did come clean to my wife about the time my daughter and I were practicing pitching in Breckenridge and I was knocked off of the milk crate I was sitting on (on the ice) and bruised my tailbone. She still thinks I did it snowboarding.

-W

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
When DD was 1st learning to pitch, it wasn't a great idea to take 7 days off throwing while we escaped the cold at The Atlantis in The Bahamas. DD & I would go down to the hard sand along the lagoon between our day activites & dinner when there were few people around so she could pitch barefoot for 15-20 minutes.

We got lots of looks, stares & comments from both the tourists & staff watching this little 10 y/o practice her pitching.

That's a softball memory I'll never forget.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing