Should DD follow up w/ coach after Tournament?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2021
My 2026 DD invited a coach through a social media message to watch her play at a tournament this weekend. The coach actually watched the entire game. We obviously are not sure if she came to watch my DD specifically but we were happy she was there.
My daughter met this coach at camp last summer and will be attending her camp this upcoming week. Should she reach out to the coach and say "I'm glad you were able to see our game and I look forward to working with you at camp on Monday". Should she message something else or should she not message anything at all?

Jul 22, 2015
Definitely! It should go without saying, but (as has been stated) make sure it's very clear who your daughter played for, what number, position played, and links to the team and all forms of communication. I've heard coaches say they received emails like this and had no idea who they were from or when they may have seen the player.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
YES!
Thank you so much blah, blah, blah. Please contact HC Jones with any feedback or question.
Thanks again and GO Mascot name,
Jennie 2026 SS/3rd

Jun 11, 2012
Yes. Just a quick “thank you for coming to watch me play” and include the tournaments she’ll be playing in the rest of the summer with a note that says she’ll send the schedules as she gets them.

Aug 18, 2018
Also it's a good idea to bcc your coach on these emails. This way they can also reach out if they have a relationship with those schools.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl