Shadow Bunting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I really tried to resist the temptation to suggest you watch "A River Runs Through It" and learn about shadow casting because it really wouldn't be helpful, but, as you can see, I failed.

Honestly, I've never heard of shadow bunting. Not that I couldn't make something up if you get desperate! But I don't think that wouldn't really help either.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I really tried to resist the temptation to suggest you watch "A River Runs Through It" and learn about shadow casting because it really wouldn't be helpful, but, as you can see, I failed.

Honestly, I've never heard of shadow bunting. Not that I couldn't make something up if you get desperate! But I don't think that wouldn't really help either.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one. However I was thinking more along the lines of Andy Gibb.
"Do it light, taking me through the night Shadow bunting."
:)

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Thanks...it is simply having the kids demonstrate how to bunt without throwing them a ball.

"Shadow Moderating"...how Amy and I practice "almost deleting" posts.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Multiple choice question

Shadow bunting is a bunting drill …….

1. Focused on improving placement/accuracy by a point system awarding points for bunts that stop in the shadows cast by the backstop fence poles or other large objects (coaches included)
2. Focused on improving pitch recognition by having the bunters stand in the shadows and bunt v. pitchers in the bright sunlight
3. That maximizes practice field utilization and space by being performed in the shadows very early or very late in the day
4. Focused on learning technique by bunting an imaginary pitch

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Now, I have a new term to throw around all the time. "Station 3 is Shadow Bunting." "Station 4 is Shadow Swings" "Station 5 is Shadow Fielding"

I can use these when I forget to bring the softballs.

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama Pat Murphy in his hitting video advised before every game he gets the team in front of him, he goes through a pitching motion with no ball and he calls a hitting zone and the hitters go through the swing to make contact at the proper point in the hitting zone.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle